Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I've had my U.S. Cent for about 12 years, which I transported from a UK Cent. Never have had an RM. RichardMannion - do you have any tips for how one can be assigned an RM in the U.S.? Would it be something you could ask yours about when you are next in touch? How often do you use him/her and for what types of tasks? I have had very bad luck every time I have tried to reach out to the Cent team for help on things I would have thought they could manage (e.g. concert tickets, US Open, and various travel arrangements).
Susan,
I too had the same question. Your RM is your travel counselor. Apparently she does more than just travel
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:50 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by BeatCal
Susan,
I too had the same question. Your RM is your travel counselor. Apparently she does more than just travel
I've been assigned an RM few years ago and while it started out like a disaster, with the assignment of second one (I am now on 4th as they rotate) it's been an impressive perk. So far these have been people who can be trusted to get things done, from travel to dining to entertainment to pretty much anything else you can think of. I have been extremely happy with this service.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:04 pm

Let me try to ask again…AMEX assigned me two separate dedicated individuals: concierge and travel counselor (with AMEX Centurion Travel). Do they have people who do both who are called "relationship managers"? Why/how is that better, if it is?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by nyc2cal
Let me try to ask again…AMEX assigned me two separate dedicated individuals: concierge and travel counselor (with AMEX Centurion Travel). Do they have people who do both who are called "relationship managers"? Why/how is that better, if it is?
I called and asked them, do yourself and see if you get different answer. I was told the travel person is your "relationship manager"
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:40 pm
BLV

To my knowledge the above isn’t correct. I’ve always had a travel person assigned and then one day I received a package/letter introducing an RM. My RM was not the same person who took care of my travel.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:18 pm

And the RM performs what services for you? Posters above said travel as well as concierge type services such as restauarant and show reservations. Do you also have a separate concierge (so three people: travel counselor, RM and concierge)? Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:15 pm
BLV

RM performs ALL functions. In the past I had to contact different departments and now I just email my RM, whose response time is almost immediate, and she takes care of everything either herself or by engaging other team members. I used to be very underwhelmed with their travel & concierge departments. Now there is a very personal approach and RMs have gone above & beyond to complete my requests.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Love this one - one day complimentary loan of a Rolls Royce!
This has turned out to be a great Wow offer.

Plus I got it for the entire Super Bowl weekend!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:11 pm

I loved the loan of the Wraith, but I found the program to be very poorly run. My experience:

1) I promptly e-mailed the designated e-mail address and awaited my confirmation, which was supposed to come in 48 hours. Other than an automated reply, I heard nothing.
2) I sent two follow-up e-mails, and waited almost two weeks before being told my requested date was booked. I picked another date and was told I was all set. I was given the name of the sales manager at the dealership who I was told would handle all the details.
3) When it got closer to my selected date I e-mailed the sales manager to confirm there would be a place they could lock my car up inside overnight, as well as the pick-up time. Again, no reply. After two more e-mails to him I finally called - he acted like he had no idea who I was or what the loaner program was, and then told me I should speak to one of the salespeople. I asked him to put me through to the salesman - he said he was with a customer. I asked that he have the salesman call me. Waited all day, and never heard from him.
4) I e-mailed the salesman twice, and finally got a response.
5) The day before my loan, the salesman e-mails me and says "due to the weather" they need to cancel. He knew I had booked the car for my wife and son's birthday. The weather forecast called for a possible dusting of snow (not even an inch). I called the salesman and asked if they don't send the car out if there is a snowflake in the air?! He gave me a story about how it is a heavy car, with rear wheel drive and summer tires. I told him I knew how to drive in the snow, but more significantly the forecast was not calling for any snow on the pavement. He said "well it is not the dealership's car, so if Rolls wants to send it out that is fine." Apparently they said ok, because I did not hear back from him. When I spoke to him he did grumble about how stupid it was that this program was being run in the Northeast in the winter months.
6) The next morning I showed up at the dealership. No one seemed to know how to handle the check out process. Eventually they brought a white Wraith around front. It was filthy, inside and out, and the car was covered with a thin layer of snow and ice - it looked like it had sat outside for a week, and not been cleaned after the last loan. I must have given the sales manager a dirty look because he sheepishly said "would you like me to have the car cleaned off?" I said that would be nice, and assumed a pristine car would come back in 10-15 minutes. Instead when they car came back it looked like they just brushed off the snow/ice. The car was still filthy outside, and the inside was no better. What a disgrace. I almost wanted to take it to an automated car wash just to spite them, but thought better of it.
7) The sales manager spent all of about 3 minutes showing me a few basic operational items. He could care less about marketing the car or providing any service to me. By the way - while I don't have plans to buy a $300k-$400k car, its not a stretch that I might. My garage is filled with 5 luxury foreign vehicles, including Mercedes, Porsche, 2 Audis, and a Jaguar. The dealership carried a number of ultra-luxury brands, but I sure have no interest in doing business with them ever after my experience.
8) I had a great time with the car, and boy can you tell the difference between a $150,000 car and a Rolls. What an amazing vehicle.
9) On the return, they wanted nothing to do with me - I left the keys and they brought my car around front. No Rolls brochure was provided, no survey was filled out, no time was spent with me. Zero marketing of any kind.

Bottom line - I had a great time driving a wonderful car for 24 hours, but in terms of Rolls getting any mileage out of this as a marketing tool it was a total flop. The folks running it at Rolls/BMW should be embarrassed, and the dealers should be scolded.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I loved the loan of the Wraith, but I found the program to be very poorly run.
It sounds like you had a horrible dealer, but I think the overall program is excellent. My dealer was great. However I did not waste time with email, but called for everything. That way I was able to negotiate a Saturday pickup and with the dealership closed on Sunday, I ended up with two days, or about 50 hours with the Rolls. And after it was all over, they said I could come back anytime and try out another model for a weekend. I said I had wanted to try the Dawn convertible as the weather here in So Cal has been perfect. There are four Rolls dealers in the greater LA area so maybe competition has something to do with the great service here.

I recall a Tom Cruise quote "when you become a celebrity, you don't change. Everyone around you changes." That was VERY apparent driving this Rolls around. Especially in Beverly Hills. It wasn't just the people taking pictures of us, stopping their cars on busy streets, etc. I even had a Grey Poupon moment on La Cienega, leaving the SLS hotel. But also how the other cars around us were so deferential letting me move into their lane, etc. The difference was shocking. And the valet parking guys! OMG what service. I own a pretty nice high end Audi, which gets a bit of attention, but nothing like this. That said, the Rolls is not intrinsically worth 3.5 times my $100K car. You'd have to want the attention to buy one of these. Or really like the super powerful acceleration that the Wraith features. Or the other crazy features. My Audi has most of the same features except for the really gadgety ones like the star headliner and auto closing doors, pop-out umbrellas, side cameras, etc.

Anyhow, this was for me, one of the best WOW offers I've had.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:11 pm

Pop out umbrellas?! Never discovered those! And yes, I agree - Best wow offer ever.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pop out umbrellas?! Never discovered those! And yes, I agree - Best wow offer ever.
In each door well, you push a button and an umbrella pops out. Very British!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Relationship Manager

I talked to someone today who explained that the RM are new for personal accounts. She would only say that those in tier 1 get them, but not how tiers are given except $ and years.
I have been a member since 1970 and spend > $100,000 and I am a tier 6
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:58 pm

Well, that's interesting. Looks like there are Centurions within Centurions, like the Matrix. I have no idea what tier I'm in, or they count the considerable corporate spending we're doing toward the tier.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: AMX CENT
today for Canadians...500 David Yurman gift card. Expires March 31. not available for online purchases

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.