FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: F9 (Frontier) only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1312951-platinum-airline-fee-200-reimbursement-reports-f9-frontier-only.html)

schor662 Feb 11, 2012 10:04 am

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: F9 (Frontier) only

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with purchasing gift cards from Frontier and being reimbursed for them?

Stumblefoot May 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by schor662 (Post 17994779)
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with purchasing gift cards from Frontier and being reimbursed for them?

Haven't tried that, but have been reimbursed for DirecTV, food, and adult beverages without issue.

BigDaddy18 May 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Sweet I love me some adult beverages!!

threedjmay May 28, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm going to check to see if I can buy a virtual gift card and have it post.

PedroNY Aug 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Has anyone been successful with Frontier GCs posting for credit?

Cheers,

PedroNY

PedroNY Sep 25, 2014 1:43 pm

worked

Responding to my own post.

It works for Frontier.

Cheers,

PedroNY

UA Fan Apr 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Does F9 still have GCs? Or does the credit work on Discount Den and tickets under $100?

UA Fan Jun 13, 2018 6:19 pm

I tried to purchase a Discount Den first and then a <$50 ticket, but website would not let me. I was however able to buy both together for a total of $88ish. Been more than a week and no credit. Does Amex CS reverse airline credit selection?

mia Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 29864067)
I.... Does Amex CS reverse airline credit selection?

Are you asking if you can change your airline selection?

UA Fan Jun 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 29864194)
Are you asking if you can change your airline selection?

Yes.

mia Jun 14, 2018 4:28 am

If you have not received any reimbursements in 2018 customer service will probably allow you to change to another airline. They do not have to do this, the rules only allow changes in January. It will be a favor. Call with a story about changing travel pattern or similar.

ftlurker2 Aug 4, 2018 10:49 am

Has anyone ever had success with getting the Amex PRG credit for anything other than Discount Den? The only DP I have seen for Frontier was one from 11/2017 about getting the credit for Discount Den. I need to select my airline for 2018 and I'm planning to actually fly Frontier, but I'd like to get the credit.

jmorgans Dec 4, 2018 7:40 pm

Has anyone had large single amounts reimbursed? Planning to buy “the perks” for 4 travelers which will come to over $250. Unfortunately there is no way to split it into smaller chunks. I’m concerned they will see such a large charge and think it’s not incidentals (which it actuslly Is!)

Cledaybuck Aug 29, 2019 8:13 am

Bought 4 stretch seats on August 19th for $250 on my Aspire. $250 was reimbursed on August 21.

newperk Sep 23, 2019 4:45 am

Okay guys, I am new to this forum, but it is fantastic! I'm on the fence about choosing Frontier as the airline of choice for my Airline Reimbursements just because I don't see a lot of posts. It looks like it would be a good option because this airline charges for just about everything on top of the low fare... If anyone has any answers to these questions, it would make my decision much easier. Based on the previous comments/posts, it looks like the discount den charge can be reimbursed. Has anyone had any luck getting the "perks" or "works" reimbursed? Or do you just buy add ons a la carte (e.g. baggage, seat assignment, etc...)?