Time to take Canadian Amex cheque to post to account

Old Feb 10, 12, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Time to take Canadian Amex cheque to post to account

edited for brevity

Last edited by zoranmanx; Feb 16, 12 at 6:02 am Reason: cats
Old Feb 10, 12, 9:56 am

Don't know how long it will take to clear. Probably 3-5 business days, same as any other cheque deposited through an ATM. However:

Originally Posted by zoranmanx View Post
and seeing an opportunity to rack up some rewards points
this will be categorised as a cash advance transaction and you will not earn any points for it.
Old Feb 10, 12, 10:00 am
Original Poster

No, it will be categorized as a special offer extended to one of American Express Canada's most valued customers, and I will receive points, and I intend to use those points towards the purchase of one of the finest cats available.
Old Feb 11, 12, 3:30 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
No, it will be categorized as a special offer extended to one of American Express Canada's most valued customers, and I will receive points, and I intend to use those points towards the purchase of one of the finest cats available.
What?
Old Feb 11, 12, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
In need of a quick bridge loan, and seeing an opportunity to rack up some rewards points, I deposited an Amex cheque written out to myself in the amount of $3,000 in an ATM at approximately 6:30 am on the eighth of this month. However, it is still not showing up on my list of online transactions, nor has my available credit been reduced by the appropriate amount. I want to ensure this cheque has gone through, so that I can initiate the bill payment to incur the lowest amount of interest possible on the loan, but I am worried that the cheque may have been rejected for whatever reason -- e.g., perhaps I didn't write the correct card expiration date next to my signature on the cheque.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how long it typically takes for these cheques to be processed?

Sincerely yours,

Mr. and Mrs. Overwrought N. Writing and Nerves
Welcome to FT!
Where did you get the offer?
I want an interest free loan as well...
Old Feb 15, 12, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

edited post

Last edited by zoranmanx; Feb 16, 12 at 6:03 am Reason: To clarify and brevify

Search this Thread