Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Just got 50K AMEX Points. Don't know why. Transfer NOW or Relax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got 50K AMEX Points. Don't know why. Transfer NOW or Relax?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:29 am

How many of you who got the points had their statements close around or close to the 30th like the OP?

Last edited by compddd; Feb 2, 2012 at 10:05 am
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
How many of you who got the points had their statements close around or close to the 30th like the OP?
Mine closed on Jan 27th. I did not get any points
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
So glad to read that they are coming through on some accounts. The accounts my family has got no love even though we had the promo added on months ago. Rats. Can't win them all, but glad it worked out for some. I have to wonder what the criteria is for the accounts that are now getting paid out? Magic Eight Ball maybe.
Still no love for me either. If they don't appear soon I'll drop corporate a letter. AMEX usually does the right thing.

My statement closed the 27th so maybe they will post end of this month.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:29 pm

Got 10k January 30. Statement closed January 9. However, I had two cards (actually three, but one I never bothered with since they seemed to be rejecting everybody) eligible for this promo. Now I'm debating whether I should ask after the second one or be content with the 10k. Decisions!

(I cancelled all three cards awhile ago, but the two I did activate certainly were useful on Small Business Saturday.)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:53 am

Statement closed 23rd. Didn't get anything.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:10 pm

Was anyone able to call in and have the bonus posted recently?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by travisair
nic3456 -- I received the same surprise this morning! I had added 10 authorized users a while ago. Since that time I have called a few times, and was denied each time because the offer was targeted towards cardholders in South America. Was surprised to see them in my account this morning, nice way to start the day out!
I also got the 50k points recently. I assume from the 5 AU's.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by bradcc
Was anyone able to call in and have the bonus posted recently?
I'm wondering that too. Anyone get posting other than on January 31? I got them for my wife's account, but not on others. Wondering if it is worth calling on the other accounts.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by juggler451
I'm wondering that too. Anyone get posting other than on January 31? I got them for my wife's account, but not on others. Wondering if it is worth calling on the other accounts.
First rule, never call.

When I called to follow-up months ago, I was told I would not be getting the 50k points since it was targeted for AMEX cardholders in Argentina.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.