Any transfer bonuses for MR points right now?

Old Jan 30, 12, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Any transfer bonuses for MR points right now?

I hear there is a 30% bonus for transferring MR to Avois miles right now.
Is there anything else good right now?

Last year, there was a good 50% bonus for transferring to Delta. Perhaps any Delta transfer promos right now? or is the 30% to Avios my best bet right now?

What is more valuable? 100k Delta miles or 130k BA Avios miles?

Thank you for helping

-Anita

Last edited by AnitaBryant63; Jan 30, 12 at 10:02 am
Old Jan 30, 12, 10:30 am

only the avios atm, which ends tomorrow I believe.

if you have lots of short hauls, avios doesn't seem to bad.
From florida, they are nice to get to the carrib through AA.
Old Jan 30, 12, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by onefasteuro View Post
only the avios atm, which ends tomorrow I believe.

if you have lots of short hauls, avios doesn't seem to bad.
From florida, they are nice to get to the carrib through AA.
For someone living on the West Coast interested in short hauls to Hawaii, would the 30% bonus be a good transfer?
Old Jan 30, 12, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by brown123 View Post
For someone living on the West Coast interested in short hauls to Hawaii, would the 30% bonus be a good transfer?
Yes. While they may have a slightly better bonus at some point in the future, if you have award availability now i would transfer and book asap - availability on aa is not particularly good.
Old Jan 30, 12, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63 View Post
I hear there is a 30% bonus for transferring MR to Avois miles right now.
Is there anything else good right now?

Last year, there was a good 50% bonus for transferring to Delta. Perhaps any Delta transfer promos right now? or is the 30% to Avios my best bet right now?

What is more valuable? 100k Delta miles or 130k BA Avios miles?

Thank you for helping

-Anita
This will depend on your travel needs - on average though i would consider 130K ba far more valuable than 100K (or even 150K) skypesos. A couple years ago i transferred a good chunk of spg points whne dl had 150% (!) bonus.
The problem is that i still have 2/3 of that sitting unredeemed while we went through close to 2M of other (UA, AA, AC, BD, BA) miles.
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
also remember to check availability on AS thru the AA booking engine for non-stop flights from OAK and SJC.
Old Jan 30, 12, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
The Points Guy tip that won 13k Avios was:

"Los Angeles to Honolulu: Avios: 12,500 points and $10.70."

Gonna have to check some routings!
Old Jan 30, 12, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
This will depend on your travel needs - on average though i would consider 130K ba far more valuable than 100K (or even 150K) skypesos. The problem is that i still have 2/3 of that sitting unredeemed while we went through close to 2M of other (UA, AA, AC, BD, BA) miles.
Although that may have been your personal experience, it's silly to say so matter-of-factly that BA>DL. OP never even said where they live and where they will be traveling. Great, BA>DL for domestic or short haul, but if they want to go from NA-Europe, BA is generally going to be a far worse option.
Old Jan 30, 12, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
Although that may have been your personal experience, it's silly to say so matter-of-factly that BA>DL. OP never even said where they live and where they will be traveling. Great, BA>DL for domestic or short haul, but if they want to go from NA-Europe, BA is generally going to be a far worse option.
I am sure there are exceptions but i would strongly advice anyone considering DL conversion to do some serious homework on skypesos before sending any points in that direction. YMMV.

Search this Thread