Wiki Posts
Search

FHR New Amenity: Noon checkin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

FHR New Amenity: Noon checkin

Just got the new FHR benefits list today...
Listing noon check-in, though it's one of those if available things I think...

Nice new addition I think... With noon check-in and 4 PM checkout makes nice overnight getaways...

FDW
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:19 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I saw this "addition" as well, but I think it's really just more marketing than anything else. I'm not sure how noon check-in "if available" is that much different from the status quo as many hotels will let you check in early if your room is available.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
I recently used FHR at theHotel in Las Vegas.

The noon check in was mentioned by the AMEX agent when I made the reservation. And my room was pre-assigned and ready when I did check in at noon.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
I'm afraid I can't decipher the code. What kind of an AmEx card is FHR? Or is that some benefit program? Maybe we need a glossary.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"if available" - doubt it adds anything at top properties, but at mid level properties, might help

some properties have had guaranteed noon checkin as amenity, for several years

usually "benefits" is used to refer to everything besides "amenity" which is usually a $ value item

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:52 pm

FHR = Fine Hotels & Resorts

Originally Posted by joel67
I'm afraid I can't decipher the code. What kind of an AmEx card is FHR? Or is that some benefit program? Maybe we need a glossary.
If you have the AmEx Platinum (and Centurion, I think) card, you have the ability to book hotels and resorts through American Express that are part of the Fine Hotels and Resorts Program. When booking one of these hotels, you are given add'l benefits when paying with any AmEx (doesn't have to be the card you reserved the stay with). Typical benefits include late checkout, free breakfast or spa credit, etc.

Depending on the property, rates can be very competitive and with the add'l benefits, a very good deal.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:12 am
iol

Programs: Amex Centurion, AZ CFP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Question Centurion VS Platinum Benefits

I checked the FHR website but I dont find any differences between Centurion and Plt benefits, are there?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bucko
If you have the AmEx Platinum (and Centurion, I think) card, you have the ability to book hotels and resorts through American Express that are part of the Fine Hotels and Resorts Program. When booking one of these hotels, you are given add'l benefits when paying with any AmEx (doesn't have to be the card you reserved the stay with). Typical benefits include late checkout, free breakfast or spa credit, etc.

Depending on the property, rates can be very competitive and with the add'l benefits, a very good deal.
Thanks for the explanation. This is actually the one forum on FT where I don't feel particularly elite, being a mere Gold Card holder (since '77!). I actually did have a Platinum card back when they were as rare as the Centurion is today, but eventually realized that most of the benefits were simply not aligned with my own travel habits (like the wrong airline partners). Now that Platinum seems to be the new Gold, I'm starting to give it another look (although they still seem to have the wrong travel partners).
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:58 pm

I have a Platinum card... but when I did a Google search, there was a link to the electronic version of the 2012 Centurion FHR book (http://www.finehotelsresortsdigital..../2012?pg=5#pg3). I noticed that they have a 6th benefit that simply states "Additional Centurion Benefit" Anyone know what this benefit is?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:00 am
iol

Programs: Amex Centurion, AZ CFP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by PlatDrew
I have a Platinum card... but when I did a Google search, there was a link to the electronic version of the 2012 Centurion FHR book (http://www.finehotelsresortsdigital..../2012?pg=5#pg3). I noticed that they have a 6th benefit that simply states "Additional Centurion Benefit" Anyone know what this benefit is?
Check tris page http://www.finehotelsresortsdigital....158799000&pg=4
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
it's one of those if available things I think...
The noon check-in is really just a chance for a hotel to give something they would normally just waste (i.e. having a needlessly empty room just to "spite" you that it's not 1pm or 3pm or whenever their official check-in time has been set). Not a tangible benefit - especially if it's only "if available" which means they aren't required to give it to you unless they choose to.

Note that the 4pm checkout is also "if available".
I have been denied it (actually with Cent it's a 6pm checkout) in the past.

I have NEVER been denied an early check-in (without using a cent or plat or any other elite card) as long as I asked for it politely and if the hotel was not fully booked the night before (and guests hadn't checked out before).
I have even received a room key as early as 9 or 10am on more than one occasion, in various hotels and countries. = Ask nicely, and if the room is available you will likely get 12noon check-in: Platinum or no Platinum...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:35 am

Agree not much of perk at any high end hotel. Quite a few of the true Luxury hotels offered 24hr stays ie..check in at 9pm you get to check out at 9pm next day before the the economic crash. Even now one hotel still offers it as published perk. Please do not ask the name as I get way to much PR material.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by S.Bling

Note that the 4pm checkout is also "if available".
I have been denied it (actually with Cent it's a 6pm checkout) in the past.
4PM checkout is guaranteed per the FHR website. If it was denied to you, you should have called AMEX.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Just got the new FHR benefits list today...
Listing noon check-in, though it's one of those if available things I think...

Nice new addition I think... With noon check-in and 4 PM checkout makes nice overnight getaways...

FDW
I used this option recently at the American Club in Kohler Wi. Also, we received an upgrade to the governor's suite plus a 4 PM check out! Love it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
The "if available" makes it not much of a benefit at all. If a hotel has the room available regardless of means of booking, I doubt they wouldn't accommodate the request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.