[Targeted] 37.5K with $500 spend for Amex Blue Sky

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by decibel08
...amex card with no annual fee
^
There is no fee-free card which participates in full Membership Rewards. The closest is Blue which is free but participates in Membership Rewards Express. Blue will preserve your numerical points value, but at any time that Blue is your only MR card you will not be able to transfer points to airlines or hotel chains, and the Pay with Points value of the points will be diminished.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There is no fee-free card which participates in full Membership Rewards. The closest is Blue which is free but participates in Membership Rewards Express. Blue will preserve your numerical points value, but at any time that Blue is your only MR card you will not be able to transfer points to airlines or hotel chains, and the Pay with Points value of the points will be diminished.
yea i should have been more explicit - i understand the MR and MRexpress etc distinction. the fee-free card i would downgrade to doesn't have to participate in MR of any form, i just need to leave it open to not harm my average account length. i'll keep earning MR and not affect existing points by leaving one of the MR earning cards open. and the last criteria was that the downgraded card actually be one that doesn't offer a signup bonus so that i'm not hurting my future bonus potential.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:56 pm

Targeted offer from Amex Blue Sky, 30K pts no fee

Got a targeted offer via snail mail today for Amex Blue Sky (had a personal code included). 30K pts after $500 over 3 mos, no fee and 0% apr for 15 mos. Benefits state earn 1pt:$1 spent, 7500 pts worth $100 statement credit, redeem for any hotel, airline, cruise etc.

to apply online you go to www.blueskyrsvp.com I noticed there is a "don't have your personal code" option so it might be open to all...

The timing stinks - I did my mini App-o-rama yesterday and it included an Amex which was already approved (sigh). I wasn't looking at the bluesky but with the bonus and no fee I decided to try to add it in. I got the you'll be notified in 7-10 bdays response. I got the same screen after yesterday's Amex app but also got an immediate email approval which I did not get today. I'll update once approved/denied if any additional info seems relevant.

Hope this helps someone else.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:33 pm

I've already signed up for this offer - just waiting on points to post after meeting the spend. Hopefully they post next billing cycle so I can use them on some airline tickets I bought on the card.

If you don't have a RSVP code, you can try entering your info to see if you qualify.

This offer is already noted on the special credit card offers thread, although that one is an old (?) targeted offer of 35k points.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:35 pm

If there is 0% interest, do the pts post only after I pay the $500 spend or will they post once I spend $500 and I can let the balance ride for a few months?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
With Amex, the points will post a month after the statement period in which you spent the $500. As long as you pay the minimum payment due, you should have no problem.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:02 pm

So do I need to pay the full balance each month as with other Amex cards, or is this a balance carrying card like most credit cards? I would think the later because of 17% fee after 15 months, but want to confirm. Anyone know?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:35 pm

You can carry a balance per the documentation that came with the offer.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:10 pm
mia

All of the Blue cards (Blue, Blue Sky, Blue Cash) are credit cards with a revolving credit line the same as a Discover, MasterCard or VISA.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:21 am

need help-amex blue sky card

Just received a targeted offer for the amex blue sky card, 30000 bonus pts afer $500 spend in 90 days.. good for $400 of travel credits. I just was approved at the end of 12/12 for the amex premier card, which was also a targeted offer (50000 bonus pts, $1000 spend). My question is, will my approval chances be better if I apply now or wait another 30 days at which time my current premier card bal. will have been paid off ? The blue sky offer expires 2/15. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by fly35
Just received a targeted offer for the amex blue sky card, 30000 bonus pts afer $500 spend in 90 days.. good for $400 of travel credits. I just was approved at the end of 12/12 for the amex premier card, which was also a targeted offer (50000 bonus pts, $1000 spend). My question is, will my approval chances be better if I apply now or wait another 30 days at which time my current premier card bal. will have been paid off ? The blue sky offer expires 2/15. Thanks in advance for your help.
Go ahead and apply for the card. I applied for targeted blue cash and this targeted blue sky in quick succession. Approved for both. Got my 30K bonus as well.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:57 am

Took your advice and got approved. Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Amex Blue Sky: 30,000 pts ($400) $500 spend no annual fee.

Both my wife and I got targeted mail offers for this deal. Both of us were approved even though we both recently got the Amex gold 50K deal.

Considering the measly $500 spend and the 30k in points worth $400 thought it was worthwhile. With no annual fee it might be worth keeping for nurturing long term credit and for Costco and other Amex only venders if you don't already have an Amex product.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:36 am
mia

Moderator action

Thread transferred to American Express forum because a targeted offer with no workaround for the general public isn't likely to generate "buzz". The thread can be returned to MilesBuzz! if it turns out otherwise.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:41 am

Similar to Barclaycard Arrival Targeted Offer

This seems like a very good deal. I am maxed on on AmEx and am not targeted for anything. But I did get a very similar targeted offer from Barclay's for the new "Arrival" card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.