FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1300482-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-wn-2011-2019-a.html)

jethro May 18, 2012 7:18 pm

$100.00 physical SW gift card credited today......$102.95, still working ^

blzer76 Jun 3, 2012 5:20 pm

Just bought 2 $100 cards. I will report back once credit is applied.

indual Jun 11, 2012 7:33 am

I transferred an a+ point to my wife's acct ($19). I will re-post in a few days whether it was credited or not. Since Airtran no longer has gift cards, I am going to try this approach to consolidate some of my families credits and then follow on with some points purchaes.

indual Jun 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by indual (Post 18735466)
I transferred an a+ point to my wife's acct ($19). I will re-post in a few days whether it was credited or not. Since Airtran no longer has gift cards, I am going to try this approach to consolidate some of my families credits and then follow on with some points purchaes.

A week has gone by and no reimbursement for A+ transfers. I really thought these would work as they are coded as misc taxes / fees.

worldtraveler101 Jun 19, 2012 5:51 am

Party over for WN gift cert purchases?

In December 2011, I got credit within a few days for $50 electronic gift cert purchases.

I tried using my 2012 credit by purchasing a $50 electronic gift cert last month, but the credit did not post.

Anyone having a similar experience or still getting lucky?

OC_Matt Jun 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveler101 (Post 18781404)
In December 2011, I got credit within a few days for $50 electronic gift cert purchases.

I tried using my 2012 credit by purchasing a $50 electronic gift cert last month, but the credit did not post.

Anyone having a similar experience or still getting lucky?

I had one for $50 credited without issue in May within 3 days. So far this month I have had over $250 in gift cards, WiFi and in-flight drinks and nothing has been reimbursed. I contacted AMEX, about the drinks and WiFi only of course. The rep said no problem, but when he attempted a manual credit he was given a message that they were pending credits. One was on 6/2, almost 20 days. Looks like there may be some auditing in the works.

worldtraveler101 Jun 24, 2012 5:30 pm

I contacted Amex via online 'secure message' right at 4 weeks after the charge posted. I just said that I had a fee charged by Southwest Airlines on x date for x amount that had not been credited. (Luckily, the gift card purchase showed up as SPD/AIR FREIGHT.)
They responded "...I've credited the amount of $50.00 to your account..."

I should have bought all the gift cards at the beginning of the year! I'm not sure I want to tempt fate again at this point. Any other ideas on Southwest fees to charge? I hate to leave the other $150 on the table.

jimikim Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm

So...does the $100 gift card not work anymore?

surf121 Jul 8, 2012 11:14 am

$100 gift card charged in late May, no reimbursement has posted.

SoFarGone Jul 10, 2012 9:28 am

Originally Posted by jethro (Post 18602694)
$100.00 physical SW gift card credited today......$102.95, still working ^

Hey All, needing to possibly make reservations on Southwest and I'm wanting to take advantage of the credit... With reviewing the recent posts it seems that the process is no longer easy :mad:. Has anyone found recent success purchasing a physical gift card? Seeing that the last successful post of a credit being made was by purchasing a physical gift card!

Also I see that everyone has tried purchasing the $100 e-certs, has anyone had success recently with purchasing lower denominations? :D

superdrew Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am

Bummer, just got a new platinum card and previously used it for the southwest gift cards without issues... Any more data points?

LordByran Jul 20, 2012 1:58 pm

I just received two credits for FL (seat assignment fee, another where I bought Group 1 boading at the gate). They didn't post within the 4 week period, and I had to get them manually added.

antignos Aug 8, 2012 9:50 pm

My wife has a new MB Plat Amex and I'm wondering if the gift card trick is gone or still working on some airlines? Any recent positive results?

goteed1 Aug 24, 2012 11:28 am

Rec'd 2 credits for FL

Took a one way trip from SFO-MSY and upgraded on both segments. Had to call in 2 weeks later and have them manually adjust.

Have $2 credit left!

jethro Sep 2, 2012 12:14 pm

Seems the physical gift card is no longer working. I have tried recently and came up empty. Are there any new thoughts out there? I had to call in to CS in order to get credit for the $10 EB passes as well.......