Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
Reminder: you must enroll and select Southwest as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase.
Some have suggested the need to wait several hours or even a day before making the purchase, but there are also several DPs that worked without waiting that long.

(BTW, you will often hear people refer to Southwest as WN. WN is the IATA code for Southwest Airlines. SW is the IATA code for Air Namibia.)

Caution: As of late July 2019, reports are that direct gift card purchases are no longer being reimbursed.
To purchase click here: https://www.southwest.com/gift-card/create-card.html Caution: Do NOT login to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account when making the purchase.

What does appear to work is buying flight tickets less than $100, OR using gift cards to get the charged amount down to less than $100.

Always read the last few pages to get up-to-date DPs.

Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by sltracey
Similar story. Purchased $250 on 6/5. Posted on 6/7 on aspire. still no credit
Were you logged in to your Rapid Rewards account?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, AAdvantage Gold, Southwest A-List Preferred, Bonvoy Gold
Final $100 posted yesterday, 6/13, and meter went down showing $0 remaining of $250 for the year. Today, 6/14, remaining $100 was showing as credited.

All done for the year
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Now June 12th and my $200 WN eGC from over a week ago (June 5th) still hasn't credited on my BizPlat. A purchase for Dell several days afterwards HAS been reimbursed. Hopefully its just a BizPlat batching issue rather than a change that is specific to this card or something!
Same here. Charge of $200 WN eGC, June 6th, regular Amex Plat. I didn't log in to my WN account. The charge description states "flight details" and has a ticket number. Fingers crossed but not so hopeful at this point.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I did charge of $100 on June 9 and it went thru , i did it twice on separate days
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:33 am

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you purchase an e-gc while being logged in to southwest? What does being logged-out do differently?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jerseykeebs
.... what happens when you purchase an e-gc while being logged in to southwest? ....
Increases the probability that the purchase will fail with an error.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:00 am

I had a $125 gift card credit post successfully to my Aspire card in early June, however my second $125 purchase from 6/9 has not posted nor moved the benefit meter.

The first charge (which was credited successfully) was categorized as "SPD/AIR FREIGHT," with a ticket number included. The second one (pending) is not categorized that way and only has a ticket number listed. I am concerned that the second charge will not credit.

Based on some similar comments above, I would caution others that this may not be currently working.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Where does SPD/AIR FREIGHT show up on the details of the transaction? My flight details just show a Ticket Number, nothing else. Would it show underneath Flight Details normally? Or under 'Additional Information'.
I suppose it's worse news if one $125 charge goes through fine and another charge goes through differently. Would make this much more difficult to pin down.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Where does SPD/AIR FREIGHT show up on the details of the transaction? My flight details just show a Ticket Number, nothing else. Would it show underneath Flight Details normally? Or under 'Additional Information'.
I suppose it's worse news if one $125 charge goes through fine and another charge goes through differently. Would make this much more difficult to pin down.
If you go into your Amex account under "Posted Transactions," each transaction has an arrow pointing to the right where you can click and expand to obtain more transaction information. For my $125 transaction that DID credit correctly, here is what it looks like (I blacked out some items but you get the point):

This one has a "Document Type" right under the "Ticket Number." For my transaction that has NOT credited back correctly, everything looks the same but the "Document Type" is completely missing. There is not even a section for "Document Type," it is just completely blank under "Ticket Number."

I have no idea if this is even related at all. The purchase in question was 6/9 so not TOO long ago (perhaps it just needs more time), but I am concerned at this point. I will certainly be able to use the gift card either way so it isn't the end of the world, but we'll see I guess.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Thanks, my unreimbursed purchase looks the same -- missing Document Type altogether. Mine is from 6/5.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:56 am

Mine did not have the SPD/Air Freight info and I have not gotten a credit yet either. Still waiting.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I had a $125 gift card credit post successfully to my Aspire card in early June, however my second $125 purchase from 6/9 has not posted nor moved the benefit meter.

The first charge (which was credited successfully) was categorized as "SPD/AIR FREIGHT," with a ticket number included. The second one (pending) is not categorized that way and only has a ticket number listed. I am concerned that the second charge will not credit.

Based on some similar comments above, I would caution others that this may not be currently working.
What day in early June did your $125 credit post, and when was the transaction made and posted? As of now, looks like that is the last successful DP >$100 for WN on this thread. The previous one was 5/30.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
What day in early June did your $125 credit post, and when was the transaction made and posted? As of now, looks like that is the last successful DP >$100 for WN on this thread. The previous one was 5/30.
It's actually from the screenshot from post #1824 above. That purchase was June 3rd for $125, and the credit posted June 6th. The purchase for $125 that is NOT credited is from June 9th.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:47 pm

Apologies if this is off topic, also I tried searching but couldn't get the result I was looking for, has anyone had any luck with Early Bird purchases crediting recently with the Aspire?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:11 pm

Purchased posted on 6/10 and I'm still waiting for the credit. I looked into the charges that Amex credited for 2017 and 2018 and all had the Document type. I'm wondering if the charge needs to be document typed to be credited. Hope not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.