Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by shaunsteig
Didn't see a formal wiki posted at the top, and been browsing through the comments, but many seem rather old. Any current / recent options for utilizing remaining annual airline credits for JetBlue gift cards? Or other similar means of travel? Seems very doable with other airlines (eg Delta, American) and not feasible with others (eg United). Wondering about JetBlue on behalf of a parent who already selected their account into JetBlue for this calendar year. Thanks much!
I don't think Jet Blue has gift cards
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bradpitch92
Correct. Read THIS post.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by bradpitch92
Originally Posted by mia
Correct. Read THIS post.
Thank you both. My remaining question is whether there's still some way to bank travel credit for future use. Thanks again.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:43 am

Smile Airline Reimbursement

Originally Posted by Simon Cheung
just started saving points for amex to travel and selected jetblue and was wondering since i see you guys get reimbursed for airline tickets and such do you still get the 5x MR points for that or no?
Bought 2 tickets for travel in Feb and was reimbursed the remaining credit that covered one ticket not to mention the 3X points I earned on the Gold. Nice!

Last edited by ravinraj; Dec 21, 2017 at 8:44 am Reason: Added extra useful information
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by laryu
Has anyone tried ShopBlue to buy a bunch of JetBlue swag and been reimbursed? If I could buy a power bank or two and be reimbursed, I could overlook the branding.

did you (or anyone) try this? Was thinking same... I have $100 to use in next 10.5hours! Any other thoughts would be appreciated too!

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:01 pm

Curious to know, has anyone ever successfully been reimbursed with upgrading their ticket to Mint (even if it's partial)? I know technically that's another class of service and isn't covered, but a lot of things with AMEX shouldn't be covered but is.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Curious to know, has anyone ever successfully been reimbursed with upgrading their ticket to Mint (even if it's partial)? I know technically that's another class of service and isn't covered, but a lot of things with AMEX shouldn't be covered but is.
Did you find out whether it would work?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:22 am

Any recent reports of Even More Space being reimbursed? (Hilton Aspire or AmEx Platinum)

Last edited by hydog; Mar 1, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:36 pm

Seems like everyone who has been reimbursed for Even More Space has done so as a separate transaction, after they've purchased their ticket. Any reports to the contrary?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It must be a separate transaction for American Express to recognize it as an incidental fee. If you bundle it into the ticket purchase, it's seen as part of the ticket price.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:48 pm

Just a random data point but I bought Jet Blue tickets through Amex travel portal last week, using my Amex Points for 35% back. Somehow I got both the deduction for using Amex points, and an additional $200 deduction as "Amex Airline Fee Reimbursement".

Not sure if this was a mistake or what.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by joelangphoto
Just a random data point but I bought Jet Blue tickets through Amex travel portal last week, using my Amex Points for 35% back. Somehow I got both the deduction for using Amex points, and an additional $200 deduction as "Amex Airline Fee Reimbursement".

Not sure if this was a mistake or what.
How much was the ticket? Was it a single $200 transaction or 2x$100? I've seen < $50 tickets be reimbursed by DL, and reports of < $100 are reimbursed on AS.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
So to quickly confirm (long time Chase card user, just received Amex PRG), purchasing a ticket and then subsequently purchasing an EMS seat qualifies for the credit? Thanks all.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:14 am

Purchased jetblue ticket with miles and paid taxes, fees with PRG.
Got reimbursed same day charge posted.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:57 am

Purchased tickets and EMS as a separate transaction. All show up separately on Amex (with EMS showing up as "additional collection"), but I didn't get the credit back from Amex. Anyone successfully call Amex to resolve?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.