Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Bought 4 EMS Seats after making the reservation with points. $200 credited back 3 days after post. As a tall person with no status this is 100% value, as I would pay for these no matter what.

Last edited by Sicariis; Jan 6, 2020 at 9:11 am
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:46 am

Personal Gold - DataPoint

1/1/20 - Selected B6 (JetBlue) as designated airline carrier
1/2/20 - Purchased $134 OW Regular Blue ticket online
1/2/20 - Transaction posted
1/4/20 - Meter moved to $0
1/5/20 - Credit posted for -$100
jsl_313 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:01 pm

kinda surprised at the lack of comments and DP here vs WN thread. i was expecting just as many DPs since B6 is also popular. maybe since fare credit looks to be more YMMV here vs WN? anyway, im curious for anyone who flies both B6 and WN often, what has your experience been with the travel funds? IMO, B6 has many change/cancellation fees and other limits without mosaic so i prefer the no fee flexibility of WN. however, its crazy that you can book for others with the B6 TF and only require booking by the expiration date. so do you essentially have more than 1 year to use the TF? thats awesome. also, im looking for more clarity around the start date for the TF expiration. i hate the phrase "since date of issuance". what does that even mean?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: Independent
Checking in to see if anyone has been reimbursed for upgrading to Mint at the gate? I'm coming back from SEA -> JFK in a few weeks and there are a ton of open Mint seats I'm hoping they'll sell to me
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by hkcj
Checking in to see if anyone has been reimbursed for upgrading to Mint at the gate? I'm coming back from SEA -> JFK in a few weeks and there are a ton of open Mint seats I'm hoping they'll sell to me
According to the rules, upgrades do not qualify (at least with Amex Platinum). "This benefit doesn't offer credit toward airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty–free purchases, or award tickets."

Of course, if the fee is less than $150 then I guess there's a possibility that you could luck out. (That's just going by data points in this thread re: things other than upgrades.). Doubtful that you'd be paying that little to move to the front of the plane on a transcon, though, but I've never tried on that route so good luck.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:58 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
3x $103 flights reimbursed, up to $250 credit (as allowed by Amex Aspire).
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by nic3456
Do 2 tickets on same itinerary always post as separate transactions or does it vary?
Was wondering the same thing. I saw a successful DP upthread, but not enough to call it a history. And it seems like someone was fortunate that it posted as two separate transactions instead of one.

Am I better off just booking 2 separate tickets? I'm eyeing two one way tickets that are $97.40 each (or $194.80 total).
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Was wondering the same thing. I saw a successful DP upthread, but not enough to call it a history. And it seems like someone was fortunate that it posted as two separate transactions instead of one.

Am I better off just booking 2 separate tickets? I'm eyeing two one way tickets that are $97.40 each (or $194.80 total).
I ended up just booking separately so I didn’t have to worry about it
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:23 pm

Late last year I booked a $98 ticket and then cancelled one hour later. However I realized that I did a normal refund rather than refunding to my travel bank.

I still received the credit . . . is it likely to get clawed back?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:39 pm

Credit for mint seats?

Wondering if the airline credit will work when upgrading to mint seats after booking regular seats? Specifically, the Hilton Aspire card travel credit. I see no mention of Mint in this thread.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by TheAJ
Late last year I booked a $98 ticket and then cancelled one hour later. However I realized that I did a normal refund rather than refunding to my travel bank.

I still received the credit . . . is it likely to get clawed back?
I don’t think it will get clawed back.

So, if you cancel a flight with Jetblue the charge still posts to the card before receiving a refund? In my experience, when you cancel a flight the pending charge just disappears.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by BigOAir
According to the rules, upgrades do not qualify (at least with Amex Platinum). "This benefit doesn't offer credit toward airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty–free purchases, or award tickets."
Right, was more a question about actual practice vs. rules. (E.g. how low value gift cards used to get reimbursed on some airlines.) Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by hkcj
Right, was more a question about actual practice vs. rules. (E.g. how low value gift cards used to get reimbursed on some airlines.) Thanks!
Yeah, that's why I added the second paragraph. You could luck out if the price of the upgrade is low, but that's doubtful on a transcon. I haven't seen any hard data on this re: upgrades.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:31 am

AMEX GOLD - JetBlue $78 one way reimbursed

1/8/20: purchased $78 one way ticket (JFK-ATL)

1/10/20: Meter shifted

1/11/20: $78 reimbursement posted!

Will use the remaining $22 credit on a checked luggage
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:39 pm
qmc

Posting this DP since I haven't seen anyone mention how slow onboard charges can post.

12/15/19 Purchased drink and sandwich on board (bought at the same time)

01/10/20 $8 Drink posted dated 01/08 (JETBLUE BUY ON BOARD 2) and sandwich pending
01/11/20 $12 Sandwich posted 01/09 (GATERETAIL)

01/12 Meter still unmoved (considered changing airlines)
01/13 $8 Drink reimbursement posted dated 01/12 (out of 2020, of course)
01/13 Meter down $20
01/14 $12 sandwich reimbursement posted
mia likes this.

Last edited by qmc; Jan 15, 2020 at 2:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.