FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1300475-platinum-airline-fee-200-reimbursement-reports-b6-only-jetblue.html)

kar don May 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

I was thinking of selecting jetblue, will it pay for EML seat fees? I am medallion on delta until 2013 so I don't think selected Delta would be worthwhile. If it does will I have to book it separate from the ticket so it doesn't come across as one charge?

SuperDudley May 19, 2011 6:16 pm

First post. LONG time lurker, first time posting.

Has anyone tried purchasing Jet Blue Gift Cards with this benefit?

icculus631 May 24, 2011 9:53 am

I would love to know if people have had success buying gift cards or flights under a $100 with Jetblue and getting them refunded. I am looking to sign up with them because i tend to fly them more often, but since they have free bags i know i probably won't get the full value out of them.

SuperDudley May 25, 2011 9:21 am

Originally Posted by icculus631 (Post 16440863)
I would love to know if people have had success buying gift cards or flights under a $100 with Jetblue and getting them refunded. I am looking to sign up with them because i tend to fly them more often, but since they have free bags i know i probably won't get the full value out of them.

I selected Jet Blue as my airline of choice for the card. I'm going to try to buy a $50 gift card today. I'll let you know if they reimburse.

SuperDudley May 27, 2011 9:16 am

I don't think the gift card purchase for Jet Blue is going to work. It is displaying as a gift card purchase.

DIRECT MKTG MISC
DIRECT MKTG MISC
Doing Business As: JETBLUE AIRWAYS GIFTCARD
Merchant Address: 300 MISSOURI AVE
JEFFERSONVILLE
IN

ddallas May 27, 2011 10:34 am

Originally Posted by SuperDudley (Post 16459820)
I don't think the gift card purchase for Jet Blue is going to work. It is displaying as a gift card purchase.

DIRECT MKTG MISC
DIRECT MKTG MISC
Doing Business As: JETBLUE AIRWAYS GIFTCARD
Merchant Address: 300 MISSOURI AVE
JEFFERSONVILLE
IN

Give it 4 or 5 business days after it posts (no longer pending).

SuperDudley Jun 2, 2011 8:12 am

So far, no reimbursement on the $50 Jet Blue gift card I purchased.

stark4 Jul 8, 2011 9:36 pm

AMEX $200 Airline Fee Credit and JetBlue Even More Space?

I have Amex platinum and i just want to know whether $200 Airline fee credit will cover Jetblue Even More Space seat fee? If i upgrade to "Even More Space" seat Jetblue wants to charge me $40 additional. I would be nice if my AMEX can cover that fee under "$200 Airline Fee credit". Did anyone try it yet? Does it cover in flight movies also?

thanks

stark4 Jul 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Anyone here order Jetblue giftcards yet? Does it work?

Thanks

SuperDudley Jul 21, 2011 8:51 am

I'm going to make another attempt at purchasing the Jet Blue gift cards. I recently flew Jet Blue from PDX to LGB and ordered food plus a number of drinks. I assumed I was reimbursed by AmEx however, it turns out, I was never even charged by the airline. Still have $200 to spend. Here goes nothing.

stark4 Jul 24, 2011 12:45 am

Originally Posted by SuperDudley (Post 16769693)
I'm going to make another attempt at purchasing the Jet Blue gift cards. I recently flew Jet Blue from PDX to LGB and ordered food plus a number of drinks. I assumed I was reimbursed by AmEx however, it turns out, I was never even charged by the airline. Still have $200 to spend. Here goes nothing.

Any success?

skiwindham Jul 25, 2011 2:49 pm

JetBlue

Several posters were trying JetBlue gift cards.
Curious what the result was.

SuperDudley Jul 27, 2011 8:49 am

No reimbursement for Jet Blue gift cards by AmEx. The description of the transaction reads 'Jet Blue Gift Card' I'm sure that probably has something to do with the reason why they don't give a credit for the transaction. Oh well, it was worth a shot...or two.

tchen811 Sep 21, 2011 12:55 pm

I know several people have tried to buy Jetblue giftcards but wasn't able to get it reimbursed. But have people tried to buy miles from Jetblue and got reimbursed?

Thanks.

SuperDudley Dec 2, 2011 8:30 am

Originally Posted by pgm (Post 17549248)
I have $180 left to spend this year. I tried purchasing a gift card for $99 and it wasn't reimbursed. I have a trip booked for the first quarter of 2012 and thought about upgrading seats but prior to doing so called AMEX and was told extended legroom, upgrades are not reimbusable. :td: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just spent $70 on Jet Blue upgrading to more legroom seats. The charge was reimbursed to me within two days.