Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 6, 19, 12:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hurnik
Wiki Link
Reminder: you must enroll and select B6 as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE.

Gift cards appear to not be reimbursed (posts 1-12 basically) - Gift cards are no longer available for purchase.

Extra Legroom purchase appears to be reimbursed. Has to be done in a separate transaction (post 84, 96)
Cancellation fees appear to be reimbursed.
Tickets booked with JetBlue points can have the taxes/fees reimbursed.
It also appears that an actual paid ticket (vs. award/points ticket) may be reimbursed. Various data points seem to fluctuate depending upon what the dollar amount of the ticket is. (Post 93)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 11, 18, 12:27 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by AngelMcD View Post
....EMS showing up as "additional collection"....
How long since the charges posted?
Old Jul 11, 18, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
How long since the charges posted?
Charges posted 7/8 (statement closed 7/9 FWIW). It seemed that previous reports had the credit posted in 1-2 days, so not sure if I should bother calling Amex or just wait and see? My GE credit posted the same day as the charge.

When I click on the charge online, the below information appears. I don't know if the issue is the category being listed as "Travel - Airline", but it does say "Additional Collection" further down. The "departure date" listed is actually the date of the charge, but when I click on the charge for the ticket, it has all of the flight information. Appreciate any thoughts!

Additional Information: XXXXXXXJETBLUE AIRWAYS
Reference:XXXXXX
Category: Travel - Airline

Flight Details
Passenger Name: XXXXXXXXX
Date of Departure: 07/08
Ticket Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Document Type: ADDITIONAL COLLECTION

UPDATE (7/12): I guess posting on FT helps get things done. Credits posted today!

Last edited by AngelMcD; Jul 12, 18 at 8:42 am Reason: Update
Old Aug 9, 18, 4:55 pm

Data point:

Booked two tickets (same PNR) on Business Platinum Card on Aug 4. Flights cost $126.20 each. Both charges posted in the amount of $126.20 each on Aug 5 as follows:

Passenger Name: XXXXXX
Date of Departure: 08/19
Ticket Number: XXXXXX
Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET

I had a full $200 credit remaining prior to making these two purchases (on the same PNR). Credits posted as follows:

One for $126.20. And the other for $73.80.

SUCCESS!
Old Aug 9, 18, 7:47 pm

Off topic but with Amex plat, a reminder plat members get free access to JetBlue's lounge JFK | Airspace Lounge
Old Sep 3, 18, 12:14 pm

EML fail

Spent a couple hundred bucks on EML seats in late July as a separate transaction and Amex did NOT reimburse. Chatted with Amex and they said this was a “ticket upgrade” and this not eligible for this credit. FWIW this was on a JetBlue Getaway flight not a standard JetBlue booking. Maybe that’s why?
Old Sep 27, 18, 9:39 pm

Hilton Aspire EMS Airline Credit Test JetBlue

I purchased EMS seats for an upcoming flight. I did this a couple weeks after purchasing the tickets via the JetBlue website. The charge has posted today and I am waiting to see if I will get the credit. I will keep you all posted.

Update:
Credit posted to my account on 9-28!

Last edited by Kirsch; Sep 28, 18 at 7:42 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 11, 18, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Brian Chen View Post
Off topic but with Amex plat, a reminder plat members get free access to JetBlue's lounge JFK | Airspace Lounge
That lounge is closed.
Old Oct 15, 18, 1:28 pm

My first post! I've lurked here periodically and this has been a great resource, so thought I would share my successful reimbursement for a TICKET!

Data point:

Booked RT ticket with PRG on 10/8/18. Technically this was two separate transactions - outbound ticket was purchased in cash ($90.20), inbound ticket was a miles redemption (11.5k, $5.60 in taxes). Was reimbursed separately for both charges on 10/11/18.

I had not used any of my airline credit prior to this transaction, and only set B6 as preferred airline a few minutes prior to purchase.
Old Nov 7, 18, 7:10 pm

I bought a RT ticket with Mercedes Platinum 3 weeks ago. No airline fee reimbursement was posted to my account yet.
Old Nov 8, 18, 7:42 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by Nelumbo View Post
I bought a RT ticket ...
Ticket purchases are not reimbursed unless the fare is small enough to be mistaken for a fee. What was the cost if the ticket?
Old Nov 12, 18, 2:53 pm

Ticket purchases are not reimbursed unless the fare is small enough to be mistaken for a fee. What was the cost if the ticket?
$201.xx.
Old Nov 12, 18, 5:12 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Nelumbo View Post
$201.xx.
I would not expect it to be reimbursed unless it were, say, less than $100.
Old Nov 14, 18, 2:45 pm

I would not expect it to be reimbursed unless it were, say, less than $100.
Unsure as to what exactly the cut off is in all honesty. Recently bought two tickets for $111.20 each, both were reimbursed up to maximum $200 annual value.
Old Dec 8, 18, 10:46 pm

DP: bought $81 one way ticket on 12/1 with Gold card, credit posted 12/4. Actually forgot to select the airline prior to making the purchase, selected B6 a few minutes later while purchase was still pending. Transaction says it is a flight, and even shows the ticket #
Old Dec 15, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG
data point: charged 2 $89 airfares on 12/15. Will update if the fares are credited.
akr1970akr likes this.

Search this Thread