Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
$200 airline fee reimbursement reports: B6 only

This is what happens when I don't follow up on threads. I completely missed the idea of using my remaining reimbursement to get an airline credit (although I had mine on Jet Blue and they don't look like one who will take it).

Frankly, I think each and every one of you owes me compensation for not personally e-mailing me as to this opportunity. Furthermore, I am going to take Amex, Jet Blue, Internet Brands and, for good measure, Francisco Franco to small claims court.

Mike
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
...take Amex, Jet Blue, Internet Brands and, for good measure, Francisco Franco to small claims court.
At least you didn't mention the moderator .
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeef
This is what happens when I don't follow up on threads. I completely missed the idea of using my remaining reimbursement to get an airline credit (although I had mine on Jet Blue and they don't look like one who will take it).

Mike
I set a yearly reminder up on my calendar. @:-)Maybe this suggestion is worth the compensation you were hoping to get from me, so we're even.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by mia
At least you didn't mention the moderator .
Originally Posted by elkhornne
I set a yearly reminder up on my calendar. @:-)Maybe this suggestion is worth the compensation you were hoping to get from me, so we're even.

Okay, I'll forgive both of you. Seriously, I've got 7,000+ posts, been on here forever, etc. and it never ceases to amaze me about all the easy stuff I miss.

Mike
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Citi Chairman, DL, AA, CO, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, VS, MC, Discover
Jet Blue EML Seats

Has anybody used the $200 towards Jet Blue's Even More Legroom seats? I am unclear if these are a "upgrade" that is not covered or an incidental fee that would be covered?

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by londonfin
Has anybody used the $200 towards Jet Blue's Even More Legroom seats? I am unclear if these are a "upgrade" that is not covered or an incidental fee that would be covered?

Thanks!
Yup. Used it last year on B6 for EML and booze.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Citi Chairman, DL, AA, CO, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, VS, MC, Discover
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Yup. Used it last year on B6 for EML and booze.
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:39 pm

Charged $200 in EML seat fees. Charge and credits appeared the very same day. Thank you AMEX!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:57 pm

$200 airline fee reimbursement for JetBlue?

I found a very old thread that reported mixed results. I was hoping someone had more recently tried this.

I have about 30,000 JB points and an extra $200 in gift cards would make for a nice trip.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

mkarolian's question has been appended to the established thread. One benefit of replying to an existing thread is that those who have "subscribed" to it will see the new post, and most of those members would be JetBlue fliers.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:53 am

For EML reimbursement, does it work if you purchase it at the same time as the ticket, or do you need to purchase it separately? I guess what I'm really asking is if anyone has been reimbursed when purchased with the ticket (online), or whether each of these examples were purchased separately. My recollection is that when purchased with the ticket, it is one charge on the card for all of it.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
No reimbursement for Jet Blue gift cards by AmEx. The description of the transaction reads 'Jet Blue Gift Card' I'm sure that probably has something to do with the reason why they don't give a credit for the transaction. Oh well, it was worth a shot...or two.
This was my experience as well ($100 card, 4.95 fee; reads "Jet Blue Gift Card" on AMEX statement).

It was worth a try since Blue is my boy and fly him often. Oh well, just switched the account to AA as my preferred airline (before end of Jan deadline). At least I know those $50 GC's are covered.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:14 am

$45 EML charge re-imbursed the next day by AMEX
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:29 pm

Lightbulb amex 200 airline credit

can i buy jetblue trueblue points and receive credit from the 200 airline credit program?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: NWA Worldperks
AMEX probably won't let you directly buy points; can you buy a JetBlue gift card and use that to buy the points? Many of us have had luck getting airline gift cards reimbursed by the $200 program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.