Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jfriend33
safe to buy 2x $50 dl gcs on prg??? seeing lots of credits on AA. reps stating delays were due to a glitch.... just have another $50 gc from delta gold and want to load up
Read the Wiki here, then the last few dozen posts on the thread. You have to determine whether it is "safe" yourself - a definitive answer doesn't exist.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I have a food purchase from Sept. 6 and a $50 gift card purchase from Sept. 5. Reimbursement has not occurred for either purchase as of 9/25.
Still no credit for either the food purchase or the gift card, now 26 days later.

Is there anything at all that is still working for fee reimbursement for a Platinum Skymiles member who also already has executive Sky Club membership?

This is becoming a hassle rather than a benefit.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Still no credit for either the food purchase or the gift card, now 26 days later.

Is there anything at all that is still working for fee reimbursement for a Platinum Skymiles member who also already has executive Sky Club membership?

This is becoming a hassle rather than a benefit.
Check Wiki. In short, wait a few more days, then consider chatting with Amex. Mention that you charged some "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed and let the rep handle the rest. Don't get into a debate about what should qualify... just mention the benefit and that you thought you'd be reimbursed. Good luck!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:14 am

Great news...I booked an award ticket a few days ago and the $11.20 (2 1-way flights) taxes and fees posted on 10/2 along with $38 in fees to upgrade to Economy plus for 2 seats (definitely gonna get my drink money worth at that price!) and the credits for everything posted this morning. So maybe this means this thing is working properly again. Anyone out there ready to try a GC and see what happens...I think it should be back to normal.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:10 pm

Chatted with AMEX rep just now to ask about reimbursement for "extras" posted on 8/30. Agent immediately found the charges and processed a manual credit -- no further questions asked. I'll update if they don't post within 5 business days, but I'm assuming it's all good. Color me relieved, and here's hoping these start going through automatically again!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:58 pm

As reports are that credits are posting again, probably wise for even those with 4+ week delays to wait a bit longer before contacting Amex to see if the credit shows up on its own.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
As reports are that credits are posting again, probably wise for even those with 4+ week delays to wait a bit longer before contacting Amex to see if the credit shows up on its own.
I'm not sure that your statement is true just yet Credits are hardly being done automatically for G/C's as of now. Anything outside of G/C's there is a possibility of an auto credit however.

So far the only hard solution is to contact AMEX, which they seem to have no problem crediting manually on or after the 4th week. And as long as you're not a complete retard, you will likely see your reimbursement in 2-3 days. I say retard because some people panic and like to give more information about their purchases than what is needed. Vague and blanket statements are key
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by medo
I'm not sure that your statement is true just yet Credits are hardly being done automatically for G/C's as of now. Anything outside of G/C's there is a possibility of an auto credit however.
Didn't say they are posting automatically; just cited the reports that credits are showing up for some. No harm in waiting to see if overdue ones post before calling, and likely something to gain in doing so.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:36 pm

Didn't say they are posting automatically; just cited the reports that credits are showing up for some. No harm in waiting to see if overdue ones post before calling, and likely something to gain in doing so.
My patience doesn't allow me to do that unfortunately. Kudos to those who have no problem waiting for an auto-credit.

I was a bit iffy since we are relatively late in the year, plus I only have so many trips laid out for the same time (one of which is this week). So if I was not going to get a gift card reimbursement, I would want to be sure to at least upgrade my seats to use the credit.

Thanks to the chat I had with AMEX, I now know my transactions will be reimbursed, so I'm personally at ease, but for those in similar situations, I would be chatting with AMEX and not standing by. But this is just the nervousness in me talking
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:42 pm

Actually I see in the SWA thread that reimbursements are kicking in automatically within a few days of their GC purchase. So maybe it is all fixed now
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:56 pm

My patience doesn't allow me to do that unfortunately. Kudos to those who have no problem waiting for an auto-credit.
It's really about being prudent for the sake of others and the preservation of the offer, not for your own peace of mind. A flood of calls or chat requests to Amex might help a few while hurting many.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:03 pm

It's really about being prudent for the sake of others and the preservation of the offer, not for your own peace of mind. A flood of calls or chat requests to Amex might help a few while hurting many.
Meh, they have to by now know that the incidentals are being used for g/c's to some extent. Amex is a large company with several departments with even some confirmed to be registered on this very board. They probably have a department specifically for monitoring and documenting threads (total guess, but wouldn't surprise me).

Don't be so naive!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
This is why we can't have nice things.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
This is why we can't have nice things.
It is after all a privilege, not a requirement of AMEX. And if they stop, I'm sure Citi would enjoy the new business.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:54 am
Formerly known as jlars77

Never seen Archer, huh? Had to chuckle at a serious response to a cartoon line

It is after all a privilege, not a requirement of AMEX. And if they stop, I'm sure Citi would enjoy the new business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.