Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by gooselee
You could always purchase two one-ways and use two certs on each ticket.
It gets too complicated. It's ok, three certs (i.e., $150) is fine on this purchase, I can use the remaining $50 on some other trip.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:51 am

I purchased the first $50 gift cert on the 6th, the corresponding credit posted on the 8th. So far, so good.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
Purchased 3 x $50 gift certs on March 16, credited on March 18.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Reading the rules yesterday, I noticed Delta's website says "up to three certificates per purchase".

I'll report what happens when I try to buy two tickets in a couple of days.
I was only able to use just three of the certificates while buying two tickets on one reservation.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Can you use more than 3 certificate to purchase ticket?
seems like you can add more than 3, but I heard you can use 3 maximum.. :O
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Jasonkr
Can you use more than 3 certificate to purchase ticket?
seems like you can add more than 3, but I heard you can use 3 maximum.. :O
It's three per purchase, as I mentioned on the post just before yours.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
It's three per purchase, as I mentioned on the post just before yours.
Oops, did not see it. Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
I got a credit for a $200 additional collection on a ticket using a voucher. $900 ticket, $700 voucher, $200 additional fare ($200 reimbursed) There goes the credit for the year.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:23 pm

Is there a reason why everyone is buying $50 eGCs rather than say $100 ones on this thread? Might be a newbie question but I see other airline threads such as AA and UA where people have reported buying $100 eGCs from their respective airline sites.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Is there a reason why everyone is buying $50 eGCs rather than say $100 ones on this thread? Might be a newbie question but I see other airline threads such as AA and UA where people have reported buying $100 eGCs from their respective airline sites.
Per the wiki:
Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 certs will.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:42 pm

Seems like I have to wait minimum of 72 hours in order to use it..
ugh.....
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
$200 fees reimbursed

First Post.
Thank you, FlyerTalk-^
Been reading and learning a lot!

PLATINUM CARD - Approved March 09, 2014

4 x $50
THU, APRIL 3 DELTA AIR LINES ATLANTA 50.00

4 x $50
SAT, APRIL 5 AMEX AIRLINE FEE REIMBURSEMENT -50.00

Note: The credits were actually posted just Today, Sunday 4/6/2014
(*Hoping this helps others as well.)

Thanks again!

Last edited by creditfaves; Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 am Reason: added more details
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I see a lot of people purchasing 4x $50 eGifts on the same day, is this necessary? I would prefer to purchase 1x $50 eGift, make sure it works and then do the remaining 3x a few days after. Any problem with that plan?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I see a lot of people purchasing 4x $50 eGifts on the same day, is this necessary? I would prefer to purchase 1x $50 eGift, make sure it works and then do the remaining 3x a few days after. Any problem with that plan?
I used my 2013 reimbursement to buy them one at a time and wait for the credit to post each time. This was in November. I bought four in a single purchase in January 2014. I didn't have any problems either way.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I used my 2013 reimbursement to buy them one at a time and wait for the credit to post each time. This was in November. I bought four in a single purchase in January 2014. I didn't have any problems either way.
Great, thanks for the input!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.