Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:41 pm

Award ticket tax $172 reimbursed the following day.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
$200 Fee Reimbursement Shenanigans!

I've been a platinum cardmember for many years and I usually have no problem using the $200 incidental reimbursement throughout my travels on Delta. Occasionally I have had to call and ask for the adjustment to be made manually because it hasn't automatically cleared.

For this past December 31st however, I had a $150 change fee that would have used up the total $200 for the year. I paid the change fee around 11AM, and the card showed an authorization an hour later when I checked. Nonetheless, the charge was listed as Jan. 1 when I checked my statement this last week.

This past Saturday, I called the number on the back of my card because the incidental fee wasn't automatically reimbursed and I was apathetically told that he would manually reimburse the $150, but it would have to come out of this year, even though he could see the charge was initiated on Dec. 31.

My current thought is to not make a big deal out of it now, but rather later in the year if go over the remaining $50 and try and get up to an additional $150 for the year reimbursed.

I would love any feedback and comments you great people could provide. Thanks so much!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:58 pm

Amex has tightened up without a doubt on this reimbursement proven by the fact of the 2012 additional fine print about what would be reimbursed. I would send a secure message and attach a copy of your ticket or eticket showing your purchase was made on 12/31/12. I WOULD NOT WAIT. If
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Andrew S Kniffin
My understanding is that...

1) DL GCs must be purchased at the airport
2) DL GCs can only be redeemed telephonically
3) DL GCs must be purchased in increments of $100 or lower

Is this correct?

Additional questions:

1) Assuming DL GCs must be redeemed by phone, is there a phone booking fee for these bookings?
2) Is there an expiration on DL GCs?
1. Yes
2. No, they can only be redeemed at the airport.
3. I just purchased one for 150 so my guess is no.

Additional:
1. N/A
2. One year to redeem from date of purchase
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Economy Comfort charges on DL reimbursed by Amex.
thanks for posting. that anwered my question^
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Platinum DL $200 Credit Good for Gogo?

If one pre-purchases gogo internet from DL using the Platinum card, does it get reimbursed as an airline expense?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Mods - I found my answer. The charge still shows as gogo even if purchased on the Delta site.

You may delete this post.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Question Amex Biz Plat question

I have to cancel an international DL itinerary and the cancellation fee will be $250.

I'm reading this on my Amex Premier Travel Benefits:

$200 Airline Fee Credit*: Enroll and select an airline to receive up to $200 annually in statement credits for incidental fees such as checked bags, in-flight refreshments, and change fees.
Anyone have recent experience with this type of credit ?

Just to confirm: ... Could I use this credit perk towards the DL cancellation fee ?
If so, how to go about in order to receive the credit, since there are conflicting reports posted in this thread ?

Last edited by Travelomania; Jan 30, 2013 at 11:42 am Reason: re-phrase
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Data point of interest and question

Was planning on using credit to transfer miles, but before I could, AMEX applied the credit towards a purchase of airfare that I made. Of note, I purchased two tickets and used an e-cert from DL in combination with CC payment to purchase this fare.

Can I expect this to stick?

Interestingly, passenger and travel info did not show up for one (my ticket) - below

01/27/2013 Sun DELTA AIR LINES ATLANTA
DELTA AIR LINES
N/A YY
N/A YY
N/A YY
N/A YY
lass :
Ticket Number : 006XXXXXXXX Date of Departure :MISSING
Passenger Name : Timmy83
Document Type : ADDITIONAL COLLECTION
<snip>

01/27/2013 Sun DELTA AIR LINES ATLANTA
DELTA AIR LINES
ST LOUIS LAMBERT I
DETROIT WAYNE COUNDLT
HARTFORD BRADLEY IDLT
MINNEAPOLIS INTERNDLT
ST LOUIS LAMBERT IDLT
Ticket Number : 006XXXXXXX Date of Departure : 04XX
Passenger Name : Mrs. Timmy83
Document Type : PASSENGER TICKET
<snip>

Last edited by timmy83; Jan 31, 2013 at 6:32 am
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:42 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
$200 airline fee reimbursement reports: DL only

Can you get reimbursed for duty free shopping on an international flight. Does any flyer talk member have any experience.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Question Anyone, please ....

Originally Posted by Travelomania
I have to cancel an international DL itinerary and the cancellation fee will be $250.

Just to confirm: ... Could I use this credit perk towards the DL cancellation fee ?
If so, how to go about in order to receive the credit, since there are conflicting reports posted in this thread ?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
As long as you have DL selected as your airline for your airline fee reimbursement, any of your $200 credit that remains should automatically appear on your statement soon after DL's change fee is posted to your CC.

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpress.com/
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:32 am

Award ticket change fee of $150 reimbursed 7 days later.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:40 am
Used to be Colonelwes

EC fees and taxes reimbursed in four days.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Milesboost credited back in 3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.