Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Booked a $65, $65, and a $70 AS Flight. Got reimbursed five days later

thanks to all the FT members who helped me on here. Cheers!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:39 am

i see two options for canceling the ticket, one for wallet and one for an email cert, is there a benefit to using one vs the other?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by patpatpatme
i see two options for canceling the ticket, one for wallet and one for an email cert, is there a benefit to using one vs the other?

IMO, the wallet funds are much easier to use and less likely to be forgotten as you book a ticket you get the option to use your wallet funds.

Either way the funds or cert retains the one year use from date of issue restriction, and you can see that in your wallet in your account as well.

At the end of the day do what works best for you.

-David
Edgerfly likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Putting them in MyWallet you can never go wrong. And as David correctly pointed out, that way youll never forget about them because theyre always an option to pay with when you check out. Whereas certificates can easily get forgotten about. I still have certs I have to go back and check to see if I used them or forgot about them.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: MVPG, SPGG, MRG, HHGold, Hyatt Explorist
Did not receive reimbursement for small value tickets

DP: Used AMEX Platinum to purchase four one way tickets for $58 each on February 17, have not received credit for them as of yet. Notably, tickets were purchased in the name of family.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I purchased two $58 tickets on 2/22 and they just posted to my Amex today. Hopefully the delayed posting won't affect my shot at the reimbursement.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mroseman13
I purchased two $58 tickets on 2/22 and they just posted to my Amex today. Hopefully the delayed posting won't affect my shot at the reimbursement.
Credits posted yesterday! Thanks for the idea, all
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:05 am

Anyone know if the bag fees charged on a flight originally booked as virgin process as Alaska and get reimbursed? thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Does it matter if the ticket is in the card holder's name or not? Going to cancel either way but wondering if it can go to different wallet. Thx
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Purchaser's wallet

Originally Posted by tobikosan
Does it matter if the ticket is in the card holder's name or not? Going to cancel either way but wondering if it can go to different wallet. Thx
My experience is that funds go to purchaser's wallet (wallet in account where ticket was bought, regardless of name on ticket).
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:00 pm

I purchased at 3/13, canceled at 3/14 everning and deposit to alaska wallet. At 3/16 it is posted:
Flight Details
LOS ANGELES INTERN

SEATTLE-TACOMA INT
Passenger Name: xxxxxx
Ticket Number: [Redacted]
Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET

Last edited by mia; Mar 17, 2018 at 5:56 am
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by icbkcnbjicc
I purchased at 3/13, canceled at 3/14 everning and deposit to alaska wallet. At 3/16 it is posted:
Flight Details
LOS ANGELES INTERN

SEATTLE-TACOMA INT
Passenger Name: xxxxxx
Ticket Number: X
Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET
It may not be a good idea to post your canceled ticket number...
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Any data points about the Hilton Aspire cards getting the reimbursement for <$100 tickets?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
It may not be a good idea to post your canceled ticket number...
Althouth I canceled my ticket after 26 hours, all tickets information posted online. No credit.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bchips
Any data points about the Hilton Aspire cards getting the reimbursement for <$100 tickets?
About 15 posts above yours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.