Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:50 pm

Agonizing now I have to wait one more week to resolve this. My first $96.30 was credited to my second $96.30 purchase leaving the December 31 $96.30 still uncredited but she said she could not manually credit it until Jan 14th so I have to wait until next Sunday to call back.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by beckoa
Nice.

Mind sharing the route?
1 DEN -SFO Ticket
2 SFO -DEN Tickets
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:33 pm

On the above routes and others I’m checking, it seems like only the VX flights are ~$100.

Does a Virgin America flight (booked through alaskaairlines.com) still show up as an Alaska transaction for the purpose of triggering the Amex reimbursement?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SuitCase
On the above routes and others I’m checking, it seems like only the VX flights are ~$100.

Does a Virgin America flight (booked through alaskaairlines.com) still show up as an Alaska transaction for the purpose of triggering the Amex reimbursement?
It should.

Mine have only been a combo of AS and VX. But it's sold as an AS coded flight anyway.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:49 am

SEA - PSC
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:02 am

got SEA - YVR tickets for 69. plan on trying this out first and if amexd reimbursement and addition to wallet clears will go ahead and get 2 more tix for 69. totals out to 207 but i don't mind paying the extra 7 since i plan on flying alaska a lot anyways.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:12 pm

Bought award ticket on partner and was 100% reimbursed for fees.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA1K
wait so let me get this straight.

purchase a flight say 4 months out. cancel the next day and have the amount deposited in your wallet. amex will reimburse the charge (ticket cost must be less than $100). is this how everyone is getting around it?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90

purchase a flight say 4 months out. cancel the next day and have the amount deposited in your wallet. amex will reimburse the charge (ticket cost must be less than $100). is this how everyone is getting around it?
Correct.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Bought award ticket on partner and was 100% reimbursed for fees.
How much did the total come out to on this?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90

It doesn't need to be transferred to the wallet 24 hours later and can be transferred after that.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
I have not seen anything posted bout lounge purchase. Does anyone know if Alaska Boardroom purchase counts as incidental and gets credit?
Yes, as a data point: I was reimbursed for an Alaska Lounge membership in December.

The caveat was that I had to call AmEx to get it applied. The customer service representative said something to the effect of "Since the amount of your purchase was greater than the amount of remaining credit, it wasn't automatically applied to your account" (which seems odd).

But it wasn't a problem, and she handled it in a couple of minutes: I was charged $295 for the lounge membership, and credited back $181.80. (I had a couple of small incidentals early in 2017 that reduced the remaining credit slightly.)
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by SuitCase

Yes it shows up as AlaskaAir.com purchase, even if it is operated by VX.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Mike Andersen
How much did the total come out to on this?
~75 a ticket x 2. Each ticket posted as 3 separate charges totaling near 75 for some odd reason.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:51 pm

not sure if this will work but booking SEA to YVR in May/June one way is 99.23 total

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.