Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by verbyournoun
np, but thank the posters above for thinking of this not me!

in your case for the aspire a BOS - SD one way costs 119 and PC costs 129 for that route to save some time/OOP cost.
Are there routes where the charge for PC is less than $119, but more than the $99 for LA-BOS? Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:54 am

Do credits as work on Horizon?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AS Peon
Originally Posted by frudd38
Still no credit?
Nope. It has been 2 full weeks now, so I've given up hope that it will be credited.
frudd38 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Does AS have club passes that can be bought?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Does AS have club passes that can be bought?
Apparently only sold at the lounges:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...ounge/day-pass
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I had a cheap ~$50 ticket purchased a little over two weeks ago which was not automatically reimbursed on a new Amex Gold. I had already cancelled the ticket into my wallet as MVPG. Chatted with Amex today and the rep quickly processed the reimbursement.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by brosnan6
I had a cheap ~$50 ticket purchased a little over two weeks ago which was not automatically reimbursed on a new Amex Gold. I had already cancelled the ticket into my wallet as MVPG. Chatted with Amex today and the rep quickly processed the reimbursement.
thanks for sharing! what did the purchase code as on you amex statement and what did you tell the rep the charge was for? thank you again!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:22 am

in your case for the aspire a BOS - SD one way costs 119 and PC costs 129 for that route to save some time/OOP cost.
thank you again!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by pointscrusher
thanks for sharing! what did the purchase code as on you amex statement and what did you tell the rep the charge was for? thank you again!
It came up as airfare with the routing information, like any other airfare purchase would. I didn't volunteer any info to the chat rep about what the charge was for
pointscrusher likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
It came up as airfare with the routing information, like any other airfare purchase would. I didn't volunteer any info to the chat rep about what the charge was for
thank you very much!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:39 pm

having toyed around with a few different itineraries, i'm unable to find the prices you mentioned for either lax-bos or sd-bos. in doing so, realized that one can purchase pc upgrades even when buying a saver fare. any reason to think the approach you generously shared would not work with a saver fare? thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
having toyed around with a few different itineraries, i'm unable to find the prices you mentioned for either lax-bos or sd-bos. in doing so, realized that one can purchase pc upgrades even when buying a saver fare. any reason to think the approach you generously shared would not work with a saver fare? thanks!
If you were following the instructions in post #1276 above, this step

3. Input your AS number into the flight you purchased and after t+24 hours cancel funds back to your wallet.

wouldn't work because Saver fares aren’t cancellable for anyone, even 75ks. You’d have to cancel within 24 hrs, but then the card would likely not be charged.
pointscrusher likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:53 am

makes sense. thank you very much!
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
makes sense. thank you very much!
PM'd you a possible work around.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:44 am

Anyone know if Alaska has the ability to pre-order food for flights? I am tempted to switch to Alaska for 2020 because I know I am going to be using Alaska for June 2020, but I want to make sure I know all the things that the T&Cs do allow me to credit legally to make sure I can use the credit. Although, I guess at worst I can use it for Main Cabin Extra seat selections, which I would jump at if the seats included food instead of just drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.