Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:13 am

Any recent DPs on in-flight food ordered via the app?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP
One more successful AmEx Platinum reimbursement:

* Two $48.20 tickets (SFO-LAX) purchased 4/23
* Two $48.20 reimbursement credits posted 4/26
* Two flights canceled and credit issued to My Wallet 4/26

this is almost easier than the old GC method. If they really do get rid of the > 60-day change fee waiver, well, I'm sure we can all come up with something.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tullera
... I'm sure we can all come up with something.
I believe another approach was used late last year. See HERE.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Yes. It should be reimbursed.
Originally Posted by Mict
Sorry could not find an answer for this using search but is premium seat selection eligible for a credit?
​​​​​​​
Just to be clear....are you saying that upgrading to premium class after buying a ticket should be reimbursed?

I already bought two tickets to Lihue for July on Alaska Airlines, but saw that I could upgrade to premium class for $99 per ticket.

Officially, “upgrades” are not reimbursable as per the travel credit rules, but I did see one dp on Dan’s Deals saying that this may work??
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:01 pm

Food on board purchase $23.50 reimbursed.

-David
Old May 1, 2018, 6:54 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Purchased airfare of $113.30 was NOT reimbursed.

Didn't expect to be. Just a data point for the thread.
tatterdema likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: HH Silver
April 29 purchase LAX-LAS X 2 $49.20 ea
April 29 purchase LAS-LAX X 2 $49.20 ea

May 3 reimbursed for all. $196.80

Last edited by tatterdema; May 5, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old May 5, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I got re imbursed for my premium seat 3 days after purchase ^
Old May 5, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Checked my American Express online account today. Interesting reimbursement experience. I had previously used $126.49 of my $200 credit earlier in the year, leaving me with $73.51 reimbursement balance on my Amex Platinum for the rest of the year.

April 30: Purchased a ticket that was priced at a little over $180. After applying all of my existing Alaska Air discount codes, the total came to $100.40. I fully expected to NOT have any of this reimbursed by Amex. By the morning of May 2, the full $100.40 posted as normal.
May 2: Purchased a ticket in the amount of $53.33. I DID expect to have this charge reimbursed, which would leave me with a reimbursement balance of $20.18 for the rest of the year.
May 4: Received an Amex Airline Fee Reimbursement in the amount of $73.51. I have now used my full $200 for the year. This was unexpected, but it is appreciated.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:20 am

made the purchase of some AS tickets and canceled the next day. probably because i canceled too soon, the pending charge was never permanent. they just disappeared after pending for a few days. weird comparing with all the other DPs. no reimbursement of course. gonna try again and ask to switch to AA if still not working

never mind, i spoke too early. for a moment the transactions were gone, but are now posted. i expect the credits soon, and will report back if they don't hit.

Last edited by neversaynever; May 8, 2018 at 10:36 am Reason: update dp
Old May 8, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by neversaynever
made the purchase of some AS tickets and canceled the next day. probably because i canceled too soon, the pending charge was never permanent. they just disappeared after pending for a few days. weird comparing with all the other DPs. no reimbursement of course. gonna try again and ask to switch to AA if still not working
Mine were pending for 3 or 4 days, then another 2 or 3 days before the reimbursement posted, THEN I was able to cancel.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Mine were pending for 3 or 4 days, then another 2 or 3 days before the reimbursement posted, THEN I was able to cancel.
did you cancel into the travel bank? I was trying to stay within 24 hours to get full refund.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by neversaynever
did you cancel into the travel bank? I was trying to stay within 24 hours to get full refund.
Read above. You cannot get a full refund of something you never paid for. There is no way a charge can go through, and reimbursement made in 24 hours from start to finish, at least as far as I am aware.

Last edited by tatterdema; May 8, 2018 at 11:34 am
Old May 8, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Finagler
Checked my American Express online account today. Interesting reimbursement experience. I had previously used $126.49 of my $200 credit earlier in the year, leaving me with $73.51 reimbursement balance on my Amex Platinum for the rest of the year.

April 30: Purchased a ticket that was priced at a little over $180. After applying all of my existing Alaska Air discount codes, the total came to $100.40. I fully expected to NOT have any of this reimbursed by Amex. By the morning of May 2, the full $100.40 posted as normal.
May 2: Purchased a ticket in the amount of $53.33. I DID expect to have this charge reimbursed, which would leave me with a reimbursement balance of $20.18 for the rest of the year.
May 4: Received an Amex Airline Fee Reimbursement in the amount of $73.51. I have now used my full $200 for the year. This was unexpected, but it is appreciated.
I am confused . I thought only one discount code per purchase. Unless poster is referring to Wallet Funds? Perhaps AS has changed rules for applying DC?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
I got re imbursed for my premium seat 3 days after purchase ^
Was this an upgrade to premium?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.