Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Purchased 2x $98.30 for a roundtrip between SEA and LAX in May. Plenty of those seats left and will report back once I get reimbursed.

Just to verify my understanding, I should wait until the charge is posted and get reimbursed by amex before refunding the ticket, correct?
Still have not received credit for it. For what it's worth, my statement ended on the 29th, same day that the tickets posted. So I think that might have prevented it from triggering the reimbursement.

Going to place another ticket purchase today for smaller amount see what happens.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA1K
i see this when i try to cancel a ticket within 24 hours
  • Pay nothing today. At the time your ticket is exchanged for a new one, a per person change fee of $125 USD may apply, plus any difference in fare and taxes.
  • Save the ticket numbers you receive by email. You may use the value toward travel completed by March 22, 2019.
i don't see an option to deposit into my wallet
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by haddon90
i see this when i try to cancel a ticket within 24 hours...
There's your problem. Actually, if you try to cancel within 24 hours, you will have an even bigger problem: the ticket cost will be refunded to your Amex card - which is NOT what you want. Wait a few days.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I’ve had five Alaska ticket charges reimbursed in the past few weeks for my PRG and platinum fee credits. The largest was $94 and the smallest was $69. All reimbursed within two days of posting. I had no issues canceling (after 24 hours) and depositing the funds into “my wallet.”
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:40 pm

problem is it won't allow me to deposit into my wallet without asking for $125
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I am not an Alaska Airlines flyer, but it looks as if the $125 fee is explained here, but it isn't clear to me if it applies when using the My Wallet feature:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tificate-terms
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by haddon90
problem is it won't allow me to deposit into my wallet without asking for $125
Is the flight you're trying to cancel within 60 days?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AS
As mentioned above, when purchasing with plans to cancel AFTER 24 hours, the travel date of ticket MUST be greater than 60 days at time of cancellation.
Not sure if MVP Golds and 75's have value deposited to wallet. or that they have the option of cancelling within the 60 day timeframe.
(They do not pay cancel or change fees on tickets)
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
As mentioned above, when purchasing with plans to cancel AFTER 24 hours, the travel date of ticket MUST be greater than 60 days at time of cancellation.
Not sure if MVP Golds and 75's have value deposited to wallet. or that they have the option of cancelling within the 60 day timeframe.
(They do not pay cancel or change fees on tickets)

Same options for MVPG75K with fee waiver. (No deposit option, to answer question above.)

-David
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Are my wallet funds usable on existing bookings or new trips only?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Sorry I’m late to the party and not sure what you guys are saying.

So amex will not reimburse AS gift cards, but will apply the $200 credit towards ticket costs you buy through Alaska on your Amex Plat? I am 75k, so I can purchase and then just put the funds back into my wallet.

Do you need to purchase small ticket amounts on AS for the Amex plat credit to be applied automatically? Or can I buy a fare outright of $200 or more on Alaska, get the $200 credit by Amex plat, then deposit the funds to my wallet? So does Amex only reimburse small ticket purchases, or they’ll do the whole thing of $200 or more ticket?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Do you need to purchase small ticket amounts on AS for the Amex plat credit to be applied automatically? Or can I buy a fare outright of $200 or more on Alaska, get the $200 credit by Amex plat, then deposit the funds to my wallet? So does Amex only reimburse small ticket purchases, or they’ll do the whole thing of $200 or more ticket?
Better keep it under $100 each, which is easy enough to do. Read what people are saying just a few posts above yours, ie, #694

-David
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Better keep it under $100 each, which is easy enough to do. Read what people are saying just a few posts above yours.

-David
Thank you. Looks like under $100. Just curious if anyone had any bad experience where it did not credit? Also do you need to wait, or can I just buy $60, $90, $70, and $66 all in the same day or should you space it out Day by Day to get the reimbursement?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Also do you need to wait, or can I just buy $60, $90, $70, and $66 all in the same day or should you space it out Day by Day to get the reimbursement?
Doing all of the transactions on the same day is fine. The credits should post to your account 3 - 4 business days after you book.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Is the flight you're trying to cancel within 60 days?
AH. that would explain it. it was not. i forgot about that rule

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.