Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Andersen
LOL I think we both booked the same $96.30 flight to nowhere!

I didn't want to gamble both purchases at the same time so I only did one $96.20 then after its reimbursed I will check to see if at least 5 days prior to statement close then do another one. But I think it could be risky to buy both of them simultaneously.
gotta ask. where's this $96 flight route? can you please DM. best I can find is 99+ and seems like that might not credit from past DPs on here. thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by lyniguez
gotta ask. where's this $96 flight route? can you please DM. best I can find is 99+ and seems like that might not credit from past DPs on here. thanks!
I think you can work around that by buying a gift card and applying that to the flight and then paying the rest using the Amex. Granted you'll be out some money, but if it's a flight you're going to take anyway (either to secure status or because you actually need to go somewhere) then you might be able to use that method instead of just "trying to use up" the credit on random fares...
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by lyniguez
ABQ ->PDX in febuary have a lot of $98.30 OW fares...
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:28 pm

Lax to SFO has a lot of 49 one ways too

On a separate note, has anybody gotten reimbursements in 2018? Annual fee just posted today, thinking if I can get the 2018 fee credit before the payment is due
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
So I would say that everyone should still be safe for this method. I've not gotten the official re-reimbursement yet, but looking at my available flight credit, it shows I now only have $7.04 available after my two ticket purchases. I assume it will clear tonight or tomorrow.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Officially confirmed. Credits posted to my account overnight.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Mine as well.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by rune87
Officially confirmed. Credits posted to my account overnight.
can you DM me exactly what you did?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Lax to SFO has a lot of 49 one ways too

On a separate note, has anybody gotten reimbursements in 2018? Annual fee just posted today, thinking if I can get the 2018 fee credit before the payment is due
Yes. 2@$29 for better seats, purchased 1/1, reimbursed 1/4.

Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Bought two cheap tickets (sub $60) to nowhere (Boise) as separate one-way transactions. Reimbursed 4 days later.

Also purchased two award tickets back from Mexico (as separate transactions). The taxes and fees (sub $60) were also reimbursed 4 days later.

As others have stated, it's then easy enough to wait 24 hours and then cancel the ticket to have the credit placed in your wallet with Alaska. No change fee if you're Gold. No change fee for most others if it is more than several months before departure.

Last edited by DragonMartini; Jan 6, 2018 at 6:07 am
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion
Paid for premier seats ($35) and checked luggage ($25) on December 31st while still having $55 left on my PRG card, transactions didn't settle until Jan 2nd, but then I still got a credit on the 4th for $25 and $30 (to complete my $55 left) and my current dashboard still shows the full $100 available for 2018, so it seems that they do honor last years amount as long as the transactions do show the correct day on them!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Purchased 3 tickets for 73.3 sequentially, got the reimbursement for the $200 three days later.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by safari ari
Purchased 3 tickets for 73.3 sequentially, got the reimbursement for the $200 three days later.
Nice.

Mind sharing the route?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:35 am

Just changed my airline to AS for the first time and trying to understand the strategy.
I know they won't charge an upfront fee if the non-ref ticket is cancelled w/in 60 days, but once the credit is in My Wallet, they won't charge $125 when I apply it to a new ticket?
They won't get me on the back end?

Originally Posted by WrightHI
As long as you cancel more than 60 days out (or are MVPG+), there's no fee to cancel and deposit ticket value to My Wallet for later use (within one year of purchase).

DP: Bought $96.20 ticket for travel in May (SEA-PSC, if anyone's looking), canceled to My Wallet after 24 hours, and reimbursement posted a couple of days after charge did.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tpmgpeds
I know they won't charge an upfront fee if the non-ref ticket is cancelled w/in 60 days, but once the credit is in My Wallet, they won't charge $125 when I apply it to a new ticket?
They won't get me on the back end?
No, not at all. Once it’s in your wallet, it’s all yours. However, you need to spend it within a year of the original purchase date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.