Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by reaper99999
... Message CSR online and he claims credit does not reimburse airline tickets
This is accurate. Low priced tickets may be reimbursed because American Express' system mistakes them for fees, but by the terms they are not eligible.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I have not seen anything posted bout lounge purchase. Does anyone know if Alaska Boardroom purchase counts as incidental and gets credit?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by yunfak
purchased 2 separate ticket that comes out to 90.2
posted on Dec19th, but no reimbursement yet on 12/22

.It is being shown as
Category: Travel - Airline
Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET.
It also has flight details of From and To airports..

Does that mean i'm out of luck?
Looks like I am in the same boat. Purchased on 12/21 and have seen nothing yet. However, since all of the details of the flight are displayed alongside the transaction, I believe we will have a very tough time getting Amex Cust Serv to believe this was a "fee"
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Blootch
Looks like I am in the same boat. Purchased on 12/21 and have seen nothing yet. However, since all of the details of the flight are displayed alongside the transaction, I believe we will have a very tough time getting Amex Cust Serv to believe this was a "fee"
When is your statement closing date? Some users purchasing the tickets close to the end of their statement period seem to have trouble getting the reimbursement, and some purchasing near the beginning of statement seem to be having an easier time.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is accurate. Low priced tickets may be reimbursed because American Express' system mistakes them for fees, but by the terms they are not eligible.
Does that mean I should keep the ticket dollar amount smaller, say around $50?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by girtongirton
When is your statement closing date? Some users purchasing the tickets close to the end of their statement period seem to have trouble getting the reimbursement, and some purchasing near the beginning of statement seem to be having an easier time.
Closes late in the month - today I believe
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:37 pm

Update

Originally Posted by Blootch
I just checked, and the credit posted. Transaction posted on 12/21, Credit appeared 12/27, which was statement closing date. Not sure if that made a difference or not.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Reimbursed for two separate ticket purchases that added up to slightly under $100. Both took a few days after transaction was approved.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:30 am

What if I just use my AMEX card to pay an award taxes/partner fees. Will this trigger reimbursement for Alaska?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:32 am

I got an early start and purchased ticket with AMEX at 1 am Jan 1, 2018! Waiting for the post and credit.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Just made my (2) 96.20 ticket purchases. Let 2018 start out right please. Be the Data Point you want to see.
jackal likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by rune87
Just made my (2) 96.20 ticket purchases. Let 2018 start out right please. Be the Data Point you want to see.

LOL I think we both booked the same $96.30 flight to nowhere!

I didn't want to gamble both purchases at the same time so I only did one $96.20 then after its reimbursed I will check to see if at least 5 days prior to statement close then do another one. But I think it could be risky to buy both of them simultaneously.

Last edited by Mike Andersen; Jan 2, 2018 at 5:11 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:53 pm

I thought about that but the system will either code them or it won't at this point. Plus then it looks like I upgraded two seats right? I've got an immediate use for my credit so even if it fails I'll just buy the real ticket I was already going to buy. It's a low risk gamble.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by rune87
I thought about that but the system will either code them or it won't at this point. Plus then it looks like I upgraded two seats right? I've got an immediate use for my credit so even if it fails I'll just buy the real ticket I was already going to buy. It's a low risk gamble.
Dang I checked and the transaction date from Alaska is Dec 31 even though I bought it after 1 am on Jan 1, and I made sure it was Pacific Time. So Alaska's clock is wrong. But the AMEX rep said it posted on Jan 2 so it would be able to reimburse if I wait 14 days, according to her.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Mike Andersen
Dang I checked and the transaction date from Alaska is Dec 31 even though I bought it after 1 am on Jan 1, and I made sure it was Pacific Time. So Alaska's clock is wrong. But the AMEX rep said it posted on Jan 2 so it would be able to reimburse if I wait 14 days, according to her.
I'd be curious now to see what happens as traditionally Amex has gone off of the transaction date and not the post date. You are now in roll of the dice territory as to whether it gets reimbursed and if it counts towards 2017 or 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.