Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
Bought 2 x $100 on 10/17 with my recently upgraded AMEX Plat Biz from Biz Gold. Still no reimbursement. Any ideas?
Same here. Also it is showing up as Alaska Airlines Gift Certificate. Is that normal?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Hey guys ... any reason that a purchase of a $100 GC from Alaska wouldn't be refunded as part of the airline credit?

Apologize for the stupid question. First time having this card. AMEX Gold Premier Rewards.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:55 am

Just purchased $100 Alaska gift card using the new Business Platinum on Oct 31, and reimbursement posted Nov 2!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
Bought 2 x $100 on 10/17 with my recently upgraded AMEX Plat Biz from Biz Gold. Still no reimbursement. Any ideas?
Hi there,

Have you received a credit yet? I bought mine on 10/24 and still have not been reimbursed. I have the Mercedes-Benz Platinum
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:31 pm

FYI, they said that it will not be credited since it shows up as gift cert They did allow me to change it to Delta, so I'll try there.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:05 pm

Hmmm...

Originally Posted by medo
FYI, they said that it will not be credited since it shows up as gift cert They did allow me to change it to Delta, so I'll try there.
Ok, I admit I haven't looked at this too thoroughly recently. It's been my impression that one can buy GCs in amounts not exceeding $100 and patiently await reimbursement. Couldn't tell from this post if poster called? Anyway, this would be a material adverse development if true, since Amex's reimbursement is very inferior to Citi Prestige, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Chase Sapphire Reserve. Any comments? TIA.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Has AS stopped working? Any other data points by any chance?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:55 pm

I recently bought $50 gift certificates on two separate days that both showed as gift certificate on the statement and they were both reimbursed a few days later.

I was also reimbursed for a $58 flight ticket. Perhaps the cut off for auto reimbursement is under $100.

This was with the business platinum
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Do AS points purchased while booking a ticket get reimbursed?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by wwongo
I recently bought $50 gift certificates on two separate days that both showed as gift certificate on the statement and they were both reimbursed a few days later
Same here, except that I purchased all $50 certificates on the same day. All reimbursed in a matter of days ^.

Personal Platinum
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Had a $103 AS ticket as well as part of another AS ticket reimbursed at the end of November. Nice not having to worry about buying GCs.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by flying4miles
Had a $103 AS ticket as well as part of another AS ticket reimbursed at the end of November. Nice not having to worry about buying GCs.

Hi there, I was wondering how you could be reimbursed for "ticket" since it isn't technically part of incidental fees? thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by inkobewetrust
...how you could be reimbursed for "ticket" since it isn't technically part of incidental fees?
The reimbursement system is automated. It cannot reliably distinguish a very low airfare from a fee, and it's not cost effective to have it manually reviewed.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:37 am

Data Point

Purchased $50 Alaska Air Gift Certificate with AMEX Plat.:
Purchase - Dec 5
Posted - Dec 7
Credited - Dec 8
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: All of the above
Stacking

Hello all - EOY, and need to burn 3 Amex Plat fee credits. Currently churning on BoA AS cards, looking to build up for upper class JAL or Cathay redemption.

Does anyone have any DP on how many GC you can stack on a single PNR? Also, will GC stack with use of $121 companion pass from BoA card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.