Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A week or so ago I had to change flight dates, which triggered a $5 fare change as well; that AMEX charge did get credited, so only $195 to go!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jackal
IIRC, there's a place to see progress towards the $200 credit limit, but I can't seem to find it--since it's not mentioned in the wiki, can someone remind me where to find that information?
Login to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit.
jackal likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:31 pm

Another data point:

I purchased two one way revenue tickets on AS website, one for $77, another for $55. Automatic reimbursement posted 3 days later for both.
nwflyboy likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Use AmEx Plat on 9/11 to pay for fees on award tickets, all fee transactions were less than $70. As of 9/28, no credit has appeared. It looks pretty dead.
Maybe not - check again?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Maybe not - check again?
Just did, still nothing. Been checking about twice a day for the last 2 weeks.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express appears to use batch processes to detect bonus eligible transactions. If the transaction isn't picked up on the initial pass it's likely that that transactions from that date are not examined again until they run a wider sweep, which seems to occur infrequently.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mia
American Express appears to use batch processes to detect bonus eligible transactions. If the transaction isn't picked up on the initial pass it's likely that that transactions from that date are not examined again until they run a wider sweep, which seems to occur infrequently.
IIRC, sometime back around August-September of 2016 (or maybe 2015?), there was a long stretch (like 2 months?) where nobody was getting reimbursed for anything on AS and there was a lot of grousing that "it's dead." Then one day all the backlog of reimbursements came through. I'm hoping that the same thing is happening now (that is, that it's just a case of delayed processing). Still keeping my fingers crossed for a bit.

That said, if this really has been killed, it'll be harder for me to justify keeping my Amex Plat.
pcoll and Fly_Run_Ski like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS
Also hoping this is a glitch, same as we have seen before . As was mentioned, may make AmEx worth not much in the future.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Since I was staying at the Best Western next door, I decided to see whether my American Express card would trigger a credit at the Alaska Airlines company store?

Success!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mhdena
If the GCs are no longer working see post #475

"Originally Posted by M2LA View Post
just to close the loop, the credit from my $ 100 purchase never showed up. I chatted into ax the other day and said this routine has been working for others I know but not me. csr stated the rules of which gift certs are not included but gave me the credit anyhow and ended with thanks for being a loyal customer since 1985. credit showed up the next day. things that sometimes work are not things that work to me. getting an everyday for my points and closing the prg..."
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:36 am

Data Point: I charged Alaska Airline miles transfer for $65 on Oct. 13th using AE PRG, as of Oct. 18 (after the $1 pending expenses in pending charges disappeared), I still didn't receive airline credit toward the $100 credit. I also purchased an airline ticket with miles, none of the taxes and fee are credited back as airline credit. The transferring miles fee is $65.

I tried to see if I can buy products from the company store online, but was told that the charges will show up as different company, so I didn't try. So far, no luck getting the airline credit back for mile transfer fee, miles use to issue ticket charges.

STATUS UPDATE:
I have received reimbursement for the taxes/fee charged for issuing a ticket using miles but the transferring miles fee from one account to another and it's service fee is not reimbursed as of Oct. 19th.

Last edited by jessyydean; Oct 19, 2017 at 8:06 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
As a further DP, what was the $$ amount for the taxes/fee reimbursed/credited back to your CC account?

Originally Posted by jessyydean
Data Point: I charged Alaska Airline miles transfer for $65 on Oct. 13th using AE PRG, as of Oct. 18 (after the $1 pending expenses in pending charges disappeared), I still didn't receive airline credit toward the $100 credit. I also purchased an airline ticket with miles, none of the taxes and fee are credited back as airline credit. The transferring miles fee is $65.

I tried to see if I can buy products from the company store online, but was told that the charges will show up as different company, so I didn't try. So far, no luck getting the airline credit back for mile transfer fee, miles use to issue ticket charges.

STATUS UPDATE:
I have received reimbursement for the taxes/fee charged for issuing a ticket using miles but the transferring miles fee from one account to another and it's service fee is not reimbursed as of Oct. 19th.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:01 pm

DP: bought $88.xx flight ticket on 16th, had it refunded to my alaska wallet on 17th, got reimbursement on 20th. Now time try a $111.xx to see how it goes...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why refunded to your Alaska wallet?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Why refunded to your Alaska wallet?
I'm guessing the ticket value was deposited to mywallet when the ticket was cancelled.
Fly_Run_Ski likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.