Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Datapoint: Bought $100 x2 AS GC on 01 Apr, charges posted on 01 Apr, reimbursed 04 Apr.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
If you have AS card, you get companion ticket for $99+tax. Can you use this GC to pay for companion ticket or does that have to be on the AS card?
On a side note, which Airline GC are easy to use? tickets/in-flight purchase etc.?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by desikid
If you have AS card, you get companion ticket for $99+tax. Can you use this GC to pay for companion ticket or does that have to be on the AS card?
On a side note, which Airline GC are easy to use? tickets/in-flight purchase etc.?
I've not actually used the companion ticket, but way upthread, there's a report that this can be a direct charge on AMEX and will be reimbursed without needing to go through the extra step. From what I understand, you do not have to pay for the companion ticket with the AS card, because the companion fare comes in the form of a discount code.

WRT other uses of the AS GC, I generally load it onto my AS account wallet, and it's super easy to buy tickets with it (it's like cash, basically). Erm, not quite sure how in-flight purchases would work. But if you use your AMEX, I think you can do in-flight purchases directly, without having to get a GC for that purpose, because that's a legit airline fee.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:14 am

You can pay companion fare with gift-card by adding it to your alaska wallet for sure (I've done that).
Old May 15, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Datapoint: Purchased $100 AS GC on May 12, reimbursed May 14. It works, thanks!
Old May 31, 2016, 1:50 pm

2 x $50 gift card charge cleared on May 25, reimbursement showed up on May 28th.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Alaska
Purchased one $50 GC and one $100 GC on June 8, reimbursed for both on June 10.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:41 pm

Has anyone ever had a problem receiving the PIN for a GC purchased online?

I bought 2x $100 GCs on 7/4 from the AS website--I still haven't received a PIN for the first one, but received the PIN for the second almost immediately...

I'm a bit apprehensive about calling in as I used my real e-mail for both sender and receiver on the first purchase, while I used a burner e-mail as the recipient on the second GC--has that been known to cause problems?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
If you have gmail, the PIN may have delivered to your promo folder.

Also, it isn't against any rule that I know of to buy yourself a gift card, so don't sweat it.

Originally Posted by JFKjolly
Has anyone ever had a problem receiving the PIN for a GC purchased online?

I bought 2x $100 GCs on 7/4 from the AS website--I still haven't received a PIN for the first one, but received the PIN for the second almost immediately...

I'm a bit apprehensive about calling in as I used my real e-mail for both sender and receiver on the first purchase, while I used a burner e-mail as the recipient on the second GC--has that been known to cause problems?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
If you have gmail, the PIN may have delivered to your promo folder.

Also, it isn't against any rule that I know of to buy yourself a gift card, so don't sweat it.
Thanks! I ended up calling a few days ago and am happy to report the CSR didn't even bat an eye--the call took all of 5 minutes with my PIN delivered before I had even hung up.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Two $100 gift cards reimbursed

Bought two $100 cards, separately, on August 7th, reimbursed on August 9th.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Platinum
Bought one $100 card on September 18th (coded as "gift certificate" on the statement), reimbursed on September 21st.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:04 pm

Did 2 $100 purchases (9/19 and 9/22). Both were reimbursed 2 days after the initial purchase was posted.

Category on the charge was: Travel - Airline
Old Oct 8, 2016, 1:15 pm

Purchase of $100 Alaska GC Posted on Oct. 5 and reimbursed by AMEX on Oct. 7. ^
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Bought 2 x $100 on 10/17 with my recently upgraded AMEX Plat Biz from Biz Gold. Still no reimbursement. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.