Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tricks to become "targeted" by AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by sogboulder
*67 doesn't anonymize a call to a toll-free number. Toll-free numbers *always* receive the calling phone number (and always have, even before "Caller-ID" existed). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automat...identification
Good to know!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody have any experience in being a heavy Amex user and then nothing; did they ever start giving you targeted offers and how long did it take?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Does anybody have any experience in being a heavy Amex user and then nothing; did they ever start giving you targeted offers and how long did it take?
12 months
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: elevate rapidrewards
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I called one day about an old old old unused 'blue' card that was due for renewal, and it was 'lost' apparently. The csr enrolled me over the phone on very lucrative "myreward" promotion to turn low spenders into frequent everyday reward shoppers.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:07 pm

awesome...was able to get a 100k plat buss. thank you
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:05 pm

Worked like a charm...100k MR on their way!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:52 pm

Great, just enrolled in the business platinum. On my way to get the 100k MR! Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I should have stated more clearly in my original posting that you can't have had this card or any other Amex Business card in the last 12 months. I apologise.
ukinny, are you sure about this? I don't recall ever seeing a 12 month limitation on biz card for any product of the same family. The terms on the public 40k offer state: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months." I believe this does not exclude users who've had a gold or green business card.

I cancelled by gold biz card today due to annual fee and was planning to get on this in ~3 months. Did anyone try applying less than 12 months after canceling a gold or green biz card and get the bonus, or anyone currently holding a 100k targeted offer, can you share the T&Cs? I'll probably try anyway in 3 months, will report back.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by drekin
I don't recall ever seeing a 12 month limitation on biz card for any product of the same family. .
There was a limitation based on related cards in 2013 and early 2014, but not now.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There was a limitation based on related cards in 2013 and early 2014, but not now.
Ok, thanks for the info. I still wonder if the 100k offers given as courtesy contain this limitation or if they take on the limitation of the current public offer. Anyone ask while they were applying?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The related cards disqualification terms have reappeared in the offer discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-5k-spend.html

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:44 pm

This is still going strong. It worked like a charm for me. Auto-approved today.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Looking at the 40k with $5k spend sign up bonus T&C of the online Business Platinum, it says:

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months."

It sounds like the over the phone 100k with $10k spend offer is much more strict in that if one have or have had any Amex Business charge card in the last 12 months they are not eligible. Too bad.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by dchen2
Looking at the 40k with $5k spend sign up bonus T&C of the online Business Platinum, it says:

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months."

It sounds like the over the phone 100k with $10k spend offer is much more strict in that if one have or have had any Amex Business charge card in the last 12 months they are not eligible. Too bad.

All you have to do is ask what the terms and conditions are. As of a call I made today, it was that you couldn't currently have this card or previously had this card within the last year. There was no more and no less to the terms and conditions regarding the type of product you currently have or did have with AMEX. Just call and ask.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Just another data point that this is still going strong. Thank you to all that have contributed to the thread so far ^

Applying over the phone was kinda fun actually...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.