Tricks to become "targeted" by AMEX

Old Apr 20, 14, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
is there a way they can check if you had a business card in the past 12 months?

Also, I had a costco business card that is still active will that disqualify me? Thanks

I also have the Business Cash Rebate Card.

Last edited by happyvoid; Apr 20, 14 at 6:36 pm Reason: error
Old Apr 23, 14, 11:04 am

call Amex for personal platinum 100k offer

I read a few weeks ago a post about calling a spesific Amex number and telling them that you had a 100k platinum personal offer but you lost it and they should give you the offer without it
And they gave it!
I am searching already for an hour for that thread
If anyone can point he to it I would be really really thankful
Thanks in advance for your help
Old Apr 23, 14, 11:19 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

I have appended your post to the thread that I think you were seeking.
Old Apr 23, 14, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000 View Post
I should have stated more clearly in my original posting that you can't have had this card or any other Amex Business card in the last 12 months. I apologise.
i have a biz gold card open would i be able to get this offer for platinum PERSONAL?

my wife has a biz platinum open would she be able to get this offer on a PERSONAL?

thanks
Old Apr 28, 14, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
I just called that #, and the nice lady said there were no offers at all on the Platinum Business Card! Did I just get the wrong agent?
Originally Posted by ukinny2000 View Post
Hi folks, I know that that the current offer for the Amex Platinum Business Card is for 40,000 MR. However, it is pretty easy to get the 100,000MR offer over the phone. I have done it myself successfully, and have had two friends do it similarly and each also successfully, but YMMV nonetheless. Here are the steps that I took:

Happy application!
Update: I did have the Business Gold Rewards Amex card until last December, and I called from my same business phone number. Maybe the agent put it all together and stiffed me for that reason without even having to ask me about my history.

Last edited by FrequentSleeper; Apr 28, 14 at 2:27 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 28, 14, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentSleeper View Post
I just called that #, and the nice lady said there were no offers at all on the Platinum Business Card! Did I just get the wrong agent?

Update: I did have the Business Gold Rewards Amex card until last December, and I called from my same business phone number. Maybe the agent put it all together and stiffed me for that reason without even having to ask me about my history.
This would make you ineligible for this offer. You can't have HELD the biz gold or biz plat in past 12 months.
Old Apr 28, 14, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
Originally Posted by newbynewbynew View Post
This would make you ineligible for this offer. You can't have HELD the biz gold or biz plat in past 12 months.
Quite right. What surprised me was that she didn't ask me anything about prior card ownership or even my name or business name. Apparently she just knew that I didn't qualify, and all I can think of is that my Caller ID showed up and she had a system that pulled up my account ownership history based on that. They are getting trickier....
Old Apr 29, 14, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
I currently have the Delta Platinum Amex, will I be denied a sign up bonus for the Platinum Amex Card?
Old Apr 30, 14, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by bajrbajr View Post
I currently have the Delta Platinum Amex, will I be denied a sign up bonus for the Platinum Amex Card?
American Express treats credit cards, like the Delta cards, as a different product than charge cards, like the Platinum American Express Card. So holding the Delta card shouldn't invalidate the sign up bonus, but having held any American Express Charge Card, ever in all of history, will invalidate the bonus.

Apparently the AmEx computer has elephant memory.

This thread is about getting targeted offers. If you're targeted, you're targeted.
Old Apr 30, 14, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Just another data point, first try success. Instant approval. I didn't even mention it was expired, just didn't have the mailer with me. She was more than happy to honor the 100k/10k promo. I wanted to apply today in case 4/30 was the last day. Thanks to the OP.

Last edited by longhorn11; Apr 30, 14 at 9:57 pm
Old Apr 30, 14, 5:13 pm

can you use someone else's rsvp code for applying for amex plat? can it have any adverse action from amex if we do it?
Old Apr 30, 14, 5:21 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Please read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Apr 30, 14, 7:52 pm

I just applied and received Mercedes Benz AmExplatinum (with 50K signup bonus after spending $5000). I have met the spending requirement and 50K pending points have shown up in my account. Do you guys think I can call customer service and inquire about the 100K offer and they might extend additional 50K points to me?
Old May 1, 14, 4:54 am
mia

There is no 100,000 point offer from the Mercedes card.
Old May 1, 14, 6:34 pm

Can i apply the regular Platinum and still get 100K points if I already have Mercedes platinum?

I plan to cancel Mercedes after 50K points are posted.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: