FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Tricks to become "targeted" by AMEX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1299579-tricks-become-targeted-amex.html)

pushthelimit May 8, 2015 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 24624543)
Yes.

Can you expand on this? Will they ask you about your business? (Like how Chase does)

mia May 8, 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by pushthelimit (Post 24786686)
Can you expand on this? Will they ask you about your business? (Like how Chase does)

Not in my experience. American Express may call you later, after you have had the card for awhile, to see if you are familiar with the features, but they don't quiz you about your business unless your spending exceeds your known financial resources.

jrjcopp May 9, 2015 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by TheRewardBoss (Post 24783749)
Amex is offering the 75,000 Sign Up Bonus after $5k spend for the Business Gold Card. The landing page is publicly available here but their website is not working right now.

I've looked at this offer twice and don't see language limiting the bonus to those who haven't had the card.

5/11: tried logging in to apply. "System is down" message.

AsiaTraveler May 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by TheRewardBoss (Post 24783749)
Amex is offering the 75,000 Sign Up Bonus after $5k spend for the Business Gold Card. The landing page is publicly available here but their website is not working right now.

After calling, they offered me a 100,000 sign up bonus after 10k spend for the Business Platinum even though I already had that card. The rep was not able to match this 75k offer. I believe the 100k offer is targeted.

Check out the details on my blog.

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I tried calling and they couldn't find this offer without an offer code and didn't offer me anything similar. The rep was very apologetic and suggested that customer service might be able to honor the bonus but that he couldn't do it.

unkn0wns0ldier May 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Question: With the once in a lifetime rule, can anyone tell me if it's possible to get two Amex Plat Biz cards for two different legit businesses?

TheRewardBoss May 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler (Post 24817301)
Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I tried calling and they couldn't find this offer without an offer code and didn't offer me anything similar. The rep was very apologetic and suggested that customer service might be able to honor the bonus but that he couldn't do it.

That offer is targeted and the Amex website still does not work. I've updated the post since even after waiting a few days and a few more phone calls, I couldnt get it to work. Same comments from many readers.

BUT -- I'm glad it didn't work because I just signed up for a better Gold card offer - 100k points after $10k spend. Its not yet clear to me if this is targeted but worth a phone call to find out. It expires TOMORROW.

zer0k1 May 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier (Post 24817434)
Question: With the once in a lifetime rule, can anyone tell me if it's possible to get two Amex Plat Biz cards for two different legit businesses?

12 months apart would work

frank_10b Jul 3, 2015 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler (Post 24817301)

Calling in has not worked for a long time...

neither day time, nor night time nor anytime at all... no it does not work.

it seems like blogs with nothing to talk about keep repeating it because there are fewer and fewer things to talk about since they ruined most of them.

sac86738 Aug 3, 2015 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 25067062)
Calling in has not worked for a long time...

I concur, just tried it (just mentioned I didn't have my RSVP code but wondered he he could help) and the rep tried looking up via my name and address. He tried one other thing and then directed me to the OPEN web site (open.com) where I could visit https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...argecreditcard and scroll to the bottom to basically do the same thing—put my address in and hit the Hope button.

40K pts for the Platinum and 25K for the Gold. (Each requiring $5K in 3 mo.)

g8trgr8t Aug 4, 2015 8:29 am

I was successful in May with the biz platinum for 100k/10k offer. Perhaps they closed the offer since then

haarpquake Sep 16, 2015 4:12 pm

upgrade for 50k

I called in today to upgrade my BRG to Plat. I was offered 50k MR with $10k in 5 mos. I accepted. I last had a biz plat open about 14 months ago.