Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tricks to become "targeted" by AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:31 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; SM-G900V Build/LRX21T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by Flyertall
Amex administrators probably read these posts on FT, and consequently changed policy.
This. How difficult is it to figure out? I'm SHOCKED this worked as long as it did frankly.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; SM-G900V Build/LRX21T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

This. How difficult is it to figure out? I'm SHOCKED this worked as long as it did frankly.
I reported success one post up. The sky is not falling.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by ninjaFred
I reported success one post up. The sky is not falling.
I can confirm that as well. Thanks to ninjaFred's data point, I tried yesterday and was approved for the same offer over the phone.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by sound48
I can confirm that as well. Thanks to ninjaFred's data point, I tried yesterday and was approved for the same offer over the phone.
Same. Approved today over the phone.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:07 pm

Same here. Called late tonight and got the offer.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zyh4530
Same here. Called late tonight and got the offer.
What number are you all calling? The 800-971-6736 one? Every time I try that, they tell me they have to look it up by my name and business address since I "lost" the RSVP code.

Are they finding the 100k/$10k offer for you after doing that search, or never doing that search in the first place?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:45 pm

Yes, I was using that number. I told them a fake RSVP and they said could not find it and went ahead checking the offer using my name and address. Still no offer and said they could offer me a similar one. I tried several times during day times with no result. Last time I called really late and succeeded.

Originally Posted by PhateX1337
What number are you all calling? The 800-971-6736 one? Every time I try that, they tell me they have to look it up by my name and business address since I "lost" the RSVP code.

Are they finding the 100k/$10k offer for you after doing that search, or never doing that search in the first place?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:06 am

what's the deal with these Amex offers? I'm so frustrated with this crap. I have not got one good Amex offer. Just a bunch a junk. I was really excited about the $10 back on my Verizon bill but of course I got no offer.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by zyh4530
Yes, I was using that number. I told them a fake RSVP and they said could not find it and went ahead checking the offer using my name and address. Still no offer and said they could offer me a similar one. I tried several times during day times with no result. Last time I called really late and succeeded.
Called and they tried to look it up using my name and address. Could not find offer and instead offered 25K on $5K spend. Would not extend 100K on $10K spend offer to me. I'll HUCA a few more times to see if I can catch a break.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:53 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by dedkends
Called and they tried to look it up using my name and address. Could not find offer and instead offered 25K on $5K spend. Would not extend 100K on $10K spend offer to me. I'll HUCA a few more times to see if I can catch a break.
any success?
It seems like this was pulled
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ninjaFred
I can report success on the Business Platinum 100K offer. I had no targeted offers from Amex, card match tool, etc. Called 1-800-971-6736 yesterday, fully expecting to hear no offers were available. To my surprise, the rep found the exact offer I wanted: 100K for 10K spending. Applied over the phone and received the approval email today.
Did they waive the AF?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:03 pm

This is what I was told today when I chatted about applying for the AMEX Platinum card and asking about the 100K targeted offer... "If you want this card, I would go ahead and sign up now because there is no guarantee if or when that offer could be available again, plus there's no way to tell if you will be eligible next time. So it could never be offered again, it could be offered in 6 months but not to you, it could be offered in 2 weeks and to you, you just never know. There is no way to know. Which is why I wouldn't risk it and would take offer available today because we make take this one away and offer something smaller even. Does that make snese?" So I didn't apply and I'll take my chances later...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robbyb03
This is what I was told today when I chatted about applying for the AMEX Platinum card and asking about the 100K targeted offer... "If you want this card, I would go ahead and sign up now because there is no guarantee if or when that offer could be available again, plus there's no way to tell if you will be eligible next time. So it could never be offered again, it could be offered in 6 months but not to you, it could be offered in 2 weeks and to you, you just never know. There is no way to know. Which is why I wouldn't risk it and would take offer available today because we make take this one away and offer something smaller even. Does that make snese?" So I didn't apply and I'll take my chances later...
Do they get some commission when you apply? Because that logic is so broken, I don't even know where to begin.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I have several premium cards and a FICO of 780. No lates no bads. Many inquiries though... I always tried using the pre approved offers online for amex but never got an offer. Never had an amex card either. Recently applied for the SPG Business CC and got approved for 5k instant. The week after I tried again the pre approved offers and I got 100k points per 3k spend on 3 months offer for personal plat!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I have several premium cards and a FICO of 780. No lates no bads. Many inquiries though... I always tried using the pre approved offers online for amex but never got an offer. Never had an amex card either. Recently applied for the SPG Business CC and got approved for 5k instant. The week after I tried again the pre approved offers and I got 100k points per 3k spend on 3 months offer for personal plat!
So maybe after them getting my full credit report they were able to see my profile and target me as a possible good client

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.