Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR bonus at Chevron/Texaco (up to 500pts)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:19 am
Original Poster

MR bonus at Chevron/Texaco (up to 500pts)

did a search and didn't see this posted - small but always worth registering i think!

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/ChevronTexaco/

Register and earn 3X Membership RewardsŪ points when you spend 4 times or more at Chevron and Texaco stations.

To receive 3X Membership Rewards points, enroll an eligible American Express Card by filling out the information below. Then spend 4 times or more at participating Chevron and Texaco stations with the same American Express Card between 12/15/2011 and 4/15/2012.
Offer valid now through 4/15/2012. Points will be awarded after every 4th purchase. Please see additional Terms and Conditions below.

-------

OFFER TERMS:
The following Offer Terms are specific to the Offer above:
To redeem this offer, you must be the named recipient of this invitation and register an eligible American Express Card To redeem this offer, you must be the named recipient of this invitation and register an eligible American Express Card below between 12/15/2011 and 4/15/2012. You may register more than one Card for this offer, but only those Cards you register individually will earn the 3X points. Using your registered Card, you must make 4 or more purchases at any participating Chevron and Texaco location between 12/15/2011 and 4/15/2012. An "Eligible Card" is a valid American Express Card issued in the U.S. by American Express, Bank of America, Department Stores National Bank and First National Bank of Omaha; however, certain Cards are not deemed Eligible Cards, including prepaid cards (including, without limitation, American Express Gift Cards and Serve cards) and corporate cards. If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Registration is limited. Points will be awarded after every 4th purchase. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details. This promotion is offered and administered by American Express and not Chevron. Chevron has no obligation or responsibility for the promotion and/or points earned in the Membership Rewards program. CHEVRON, the Chevron Hallmark, TEXACO, the Star T Logo and TECHRON are registered trademarks of Chevron Intellectual Property LLC.
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program ("Program") at the time of purchase and you must charge your purchase on an eligible, enrolled American ExpressŪ Card. Bonus points will be credited to your Program account within 6-8 weeks after charges appear on your billing statement. Maximum 500 bonus points per Cardmember received during promotion period. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Bonus ID 7791

Last edited by mia; Jan 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Succesful! Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k
So do you think the 500 pt max bonus points is 1x, 2x or 3x the $s purchased? Considering you already get 2x for gas purchases on a PRG, it would seem like the bonus points would be 1x. Even at 1x, I can probably hit the 500 pt max fairly easily during the 3+ months left in the promo with 3 cars in my household.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
w00t! Registered. Closest stations to my home and office are both Chevrons.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by flymonthly
So do you think the 500 pt max bonus points is 1x, 2x or 3x the $s purchased? Considering you already get 2x for gas purchases on a PRG, it would seem like the bonus points would be 1x. Even at 1x, I can probably hit the 500 pt max fairly easily during the 3+ months left in the promo with 3 cars in my household.
They ran a promo for 3x points on Alaska Air purchases, I registered my PRG and got 6x points. I don't know why this would be any different, the bonus is independent of the card's bonus features.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
3x MR @ Chevron/Texaco

Saw this deal on SD

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/ChevronTexaco/

Basically 3x points on every 5th(after the 4th purchsase) purchase or maybe it means you only get awarded the points after you do the 4th purchase...

i'm not sure..either way i registered..wasn't targeted but everything looked okay...

might be willing to try this one..especially since you can make as small as a transaction as you want..

To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program ("Program") at the time of purchase and you must charge your purchase on an eligible, enrolled American ExpressŪ Card. Bonus points will be credited to your Program account within 6-8 weeks after charges appear on your billing statement. Maximum 500 bonus points per Cardmember received during promotion period. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Bonus ID 7791
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
on the 500 point max.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Do the bonus points come on the 4th or 5th purchase? I'm slightly confused by the wording
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:32 pm

Is it only the 4th purchase that is 3X? or are all four purchases 3X?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: UA: MM
The problem with these deals now is the cards are all aligned. Q1 is the 5% cash back on gas quarter for Discover and Chase Rewards.

I'm tOo new to really understand the ins and outs of MR, but I think the 5% trumps the points. True?

Fwiw
DLM
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dmunz
...5% trumps the points. True?
If you transfer Membership Rewards points to an airline frequent flyer program and redeem for expensive tickets (e.g. business or first class), three points should be more more than $0.06. Any other redemption will return less than 5%.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:23 pm

I signed up but I'm not sure I'll use it. I get gas from Costco most of the time since it's the cheapest but I wouldn't mind using Chevron once in awhile. The problem is that if you only get the points after the 4th fill-up it's a pain to keep track of.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by lakers6902
Do the bonus points come on the 4th or 5th purchase? I'm slightly confused by the wording
yep..I dont get it either...wording is a bit too complicated for my foreign tung.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
spend 4 times or more at participating Chevron and Texaco stations with the same American Express Card between 12/15/2011 and 4/15/2012.
Offer valid now through 4/15/2012. Points will be awarded after every 4th purchase.
The fourth Chevron transaction will trigger a bonus of two points per dollar on the cumulative spending for those four transactions. The same will happen after the eighth, 12th etc transaction. The bonus is capped at $250 spending (500 bonus points).
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:36 am

So with payment every 4th spending, at $50 a tank on average, I'd have to have 8 fills at a Chevron in order to get the points for the last fill. That'd be 3 extra fills at a Chevron that get me nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.