Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
Current offer (as of 7/1/16):
"A special offer for Ameriprise Clients: $0 introductory fee for the first year, then $550. Additional Cards can also be added for an introductory fee of $0 for the first year, then $175 for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards. Earn an additional 5,000 Membership Rewards points for every $20,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to 30,000 additional points per year."

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...rsion/personal

(In 2015 the offer included 25k MR points for $3,000 spend, with $450 annual fee waived.)
__________________________________________________ _________________

Is this card a different product than the normal personal Amex Platinum?
Yes, by all indications this card is treated differently. Multiple members have received the bonus after previously having a personal Platinum card. Members have also been able to use the travel credit on this card even after obtaining the travel credit on a personal Platinum in the same year. (Post 363)

Do authorized users have a fee?
The fee for additional users is waived for the first year. You can add authorized users at $0 when signing up or you can add them later by calling the number on the back of your card.

My decision is "in progress", what should I do?
Many users report that they received an "in progress" decision initially only to be approved within the next 48hrs with no additional communication (recon call). Click here to check status.

Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer to be approved for this card?
No, one does not have to be an Ameriprise customer in order to get approved for the card, although AMEX could technically enforce the "rule" in their terms and conditions and either cancel your card or convert it to a "regular" Platinum.
Print Wikipost

Ameriprise Amex Platinum (discontinued October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by holocker
I ah the Fee Free Ameriprise AMEX Car 2 years ago and then cancelled. I went on lint o apply again and it said since I already had the card I would notbeeligilbe for any bonuses and promotions on the card. Does that mean I would be charged an annual fee?
No, it doesn't mean that. It just means you won't be eligible for any enrollment-related bonuses and promotions for the card for which you were trying to apply online.

The whole "federal felony" rant is just a scare-mongering rant, so I would just ignore it, especially as the relevant answer you seek is in the above paragraph.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
It's "difficult to understand" how people who commit a federal felony while applying for a credit card could be considered to be "abusing" Amex? Really?
ROTFLMAO
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyalways
What "federal" laws are broken here ? There is a loose requirement by AmEX that they can enforce or
not ! It is not a statement under oath...
LOL. Making a false statement on an application for credit is a federal felony. Let's not play dumb games here. It's unlikely anyone would ever get prosecuted for lying about having an Ameriprise account, but that doesn't change the fact that it's fraud. Some people here seem to believe the T&Cs and applicable laws are only sacred when they benefit the customer.

"My bonus is taking too long to post! I'm contacting the CFPB!"

"Sure, I lied about having an Ameriprise account when the terms explicitly require an existing Ameriprise account, but that's just a 'loose requirement.'"

LOL.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:48 am
Suspended

LOL. Making a false statement on an application for credit is a federal felony. Let's not play dumb games here. It's unlikely anyone would ever get prosecuted for lying about having an Ameriprise account, but that doesn't change the fact that it's fraud. Some people here seem to believe the T&Cs and applicable laws are only sacred when they benefit the customer.

"Sure, I lied about having an Ameriprise account when the terms explicitly require an existing Ameriprise account, but that's just a 'loose requirement.'"

LOL.

To which specific application line item filled in by customers applying for this card are you referring when you are talking about making a false statement on an application for credit?
flyalways likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:13 am

LOL.
you a lawyer or lolyer?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold

LOL.
If AmEX sees a false statement on the application form, they can reject the application. I am not sure if you
know this but at some point Ameriprise was AmEX. I am sure they still have a very tight connection and
very easily get membership information from Ameriprise if they really cared ! My @.02...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

To which specific application line item filled in by customers applying for this card are you referring when you are talking about making a false statement on an application for credit?
You can roll your eyes all you want, but the terms explicitly require an existing Ameriprise account, and applicants attest that everything in their application is the complete truth when checking the box before hitting "submit."

It's hilarious how, when it comes to bonuses, some of you people act like the terms are an immutable dictate from God, but when the terms cut against a customer, suddenly the terms are just a "loose requirement" and not really a big deal.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
You can roll your eyes all you want, but the terms explicitly require an existing Ameriprise account, and applicants attest that everything in their application is the complete truth when checking the box before hitting "submit."

It's hilarious how, when it comes to bonuses, some of you people act like the terms are an immutable dictate from God, but when the terms cut against a customer, suddenly the terms are just a "loose requirement" and not really a big deal.

Can you kindly post the attestation to which you claim fraudent swearing?
pallhedge likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:03 pm

You can roll your eyes all you want, but the terms explicitly require an existing Ameriprise account
Please stop making things up. In no place on the application are you compelled to claim you have a relationship with Ameriprise. You can't lie about it or commit fraud if you're not asked. We're all asking you to show us the language you see that we don't. Show us where it says "By clicking submit, I affirm that I have a relationship with Ameriprise..." It's not there.

The terms only state that if you don't or no longer have an Ameriprise relationship, Amex can deny, cancel, or switch you to a different product. Big deal. That's language that gives Amex options if they want. To my knowledge, they've never enforced this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 747FC

Can you kindly post the attestation to which you claim fraudent swearing?
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Please stop making things up. In no place on the application are you compelled to claim you have a relationship with Ameriprise. You can't lie about it or commit fraud if you're not asked. We're all asking you to show us the language you see that we don't. Show us where it says "By clicking submit, I affirm that I have a relationship with Ameriprise..." It's not there.

The terms only state that if you don't or no longer have an Ameriprise relationship, Amex can deny, cancel, or switch you to a different product. Big deal. That's language that gives Amex options if they want. To my knowledge, they've never enforced this.
Not interested in playing these dumb games. I quoted the exact terms above. Now people want to pretend there's no attestation when submitting an app for credit? LOL.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Ameriprise is a spin-off from American Express. American Express and Ameriprise have been accepting applications from non-clients since 2009. The terms assert a right they are not exercising, though they could. There is nothing much to discuss until they do.

Ameriprise also offers MasterCards, and in this thread from 2007 you can see that those who applied were sent Ameriprise client numbers:

MasterCard World Elite - Ameriprise

Last edited by mia; Jul 13, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

Not interested in playing these dumb games. I quoted the exact terms above. Now people want to pretend there's no attestation when submitting an app for credit? LOL.
Yes, well, except you didn't quote any "exact terms". You referred to your own post which is your interpretation of "a federal felony" - but doesn't actually contain any language from the AMEX application. I see your "LOL" and raise you ten "LOLs". LOL.

You've probably heard the saying advising one who is in a hole to stop digging - look in the mirror and repeat that to yourself over and over again.
747FC likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:28 pm
Suspended

“To which specific application line item filled in by customers applying for this card are you referring when you are talking about making a false statement on an application for credit?”

I’m wondering why you won’t answer my question to you, as my question cuts to the heart of your criminal allegation claim. You’ve provided non-answer responses to this point, but not all responses are an answer to the questions asked. Absent answers of relevance to the question, some here may be left to assume the responses are unsubstantiated hot air while only wanting to see substantiation for a specific claim made in your posts about a matter of public law when it comes to applicants for and holders of Ameriprise marked Amex Plat cards.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Yes, well, except you didn't quote any "exact terms". You referred to your own post which is your interpretation of "a federal felony" - but doesn't actually contain any language from the AMEX application. I see your "LOL" and raise you ten "LOLs". LOL.

You've probably heard the saying advising one who is in a hole to stop digging - look in the mirror and repeat that to yourself over and over again.
I quoted the exact terms from the Ameriprise card above.

“To which specific application line item filled in by customers applying for this card are you referring when you are talking about making a false statement on an application for credit?”

I’m wondering why you won’t answer my question to you, as my question cuts to the heart of your criminal allegation claim. You’ve provided non-answer responses to this point, but not all responses are an answer to the questions asked. Absent answers of relevance to the question, some here may be left to assume the responses are unsubstantiated hot air while only wanting to see substantiation for a specific claim made in your posts about a matter of public law when it comes to applicants for and holders of Ameriprise marked Amex Plat cards.
Submitting an application for credit requires an attestation to agreement to all terms of the credit being offered.

Last edited by mia; Jul 16, 2018 at 6:16 am Reason: Remove inflamatory language.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
@joe_miami : If this is what you think is an attestation to which one falsely swears, you need to rethink your position:

. Your ability to have this Card product is contingent on a relationship between you and Ameriprise Financial, Inc. If no relationship exists, or if your relationship with Ameriprise Financial ends, American Express has the right to cancel your Card account or transfer your account to another American Express Card product th.at will have different features and benefits. ...

Then you are sadly mistaken.

The key entry here is noted in red, the impact of which is to acknowledge that Amex reserves the right to not only offer a card where no relationship exists, but also reserves the right to cancel or change a card offering.

There is no attestation certifying that there is a current relationship with Ameriprise, and certainly no attestation that a statement is made under penalty of law.

Last edited by 747FC; Jul 14, 2018 at 1:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.