25-30k MR to Upgrade Business Gold to Platinum

Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by mia
Historically, upgrades from Gold to Platinum (personal or business) offered a smaller bonus, but required no spend. These larger contingent offers are relatively new. Previously holding the same card has no effect on eligibility for an "upgrade" offer.

Prorating the annual fee is simple arithmetic. They will divide the Gold annual fee by 12, and refund the unearned months. They will bill the full Platinum fee.
If I upgrade from BR Gold to BR Platinum for the 50K bonus will this mean that if I ever see a 100K offer for BR Platinum that I won't be able to apply for it? I know that Amex has a once bonus per card in a lifetime, but not sure how this would be handled since its a bonus for an upgrade. I would hate to accept 50K and then find out that I can't apply for 100K at a later date because I already accepted a card bonus.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cdog999
... Amex has a once bonus per card in a lifetime, ...
You are not eligible if you have previously held the card. It does not matter if you did, or did not, earn a bonus. That said, it isn't clear if American Express' system accurately tracks changes between Green, Gold and Platinum for bonus purposes. I can only say that accepting this offer might disqualify you from a future Business Platinum offer. (Targeted Business Platinum offers as high as 250,000 points have been reported.)
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You are not eligible if you have previously held the card. It does not matter if you did, or did not, earn a bonus. That said, it isn't clear if American Express' system accurately tracks changes between Green, Gold and Platinum for bonus purposes. I can only say that accepting this offer might disqualify you from a future Business Platinum offer. (Targeted Business Platinum offers as high as 250,000 points have been reported.)
Thanks mia, if that is the case I'm likely going to turn down the offer. I'd rather wait until at least a 100K offer comes along.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Is Business Rewards Platinum the same as Business Platinum?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by safigan
Is Business Rewards Platinum the same as Business Platinum?
To my knowledge there is no card named Business Rewards Platinum.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...sinesscardstop
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by mia
To my knowledge there is no card named Business Rewards Platinum.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...sinesscardstop
My bad. I think she said Amex Platinum... Honestly, I received the call this morning about 2 minutes before I had a work meeting, so I politely asked them to call back. I'll ask for more details such as how much my annual fee will be when it hits next month. But, it sounds like I should wait for a better offer (then 50K for $10,000 spend and no annual fee waived). Is that the consensus here? I was planning to cancel/downgrade before the BRG fee of $175 hit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.