Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX lounge BOM - Canadian Platinum cardholder eligible to use it?

Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

Early next week, my wife, myself, and our 20 yr old daughter will be flying domestically in the economy cabin on Jet Airways from BOM to JAI.

I understand that there is an AMEX Centurion lounge in the domestic gate concourse of BOM.

I have a Canadian AMEX Platinum card - will that get me and my family into this lounge. Or does one have to be an Indian AMEX Platinum card holder to get access to this lounge?

Otherwise I have to use my Priority Pass Card, to get into one of those lounges.

I have no status with 6W. My wife and I have Star Alliance Gold status with AC - but of course, that status is useless for lounge access for us when flying from BOM to JAI on 6W.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I have a Canadian AMEX Platinum card - will that get me and my family into this lounge. Or does one have to be an Indian AMEX Platinum card holder to get access to this lounge?
While I have never been there, I would guess there would be no issue as I have used my USA Amex Plat to get into the Amex lounges in Mexico and Australia without issue. I was able to see the sheet they had that listed access by card type and the Platinum Card had "all countries" next to it.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Recent mention HERE by a USA Platinum cardholder who used the BOM lounge. Don't see why there would be any distinction between USA vs Canada in this specific context.

Note that this is an "American Express" lounge, but not branded "Centurion".
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Recent mention HERE by a USA Platinum cardholder who used the BOM lounge. Don't see why there would be any distinction between USA vs Canada in this specific context.

Note that this is an "American Express" lounge, but not branded "Centurion".
Somewhere I read that only Indian AMEX Platinum cardholders get gain access to that lounge - or am I mistaken?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

I can confirm that Canadian and other non-Indian AMEX Platinum cardholders can use it.

Down side - unlike US Centurion lounges and Canadian AMEX Plaza Premium lounges (which all allow one companion and or family), only the cardholder can get in.

In Mumbai's case, the Traveler Club lounge served both as an AMEX lounge, and as a Priority Pass lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
FWIW my US Amex Plat worked at DEL last April.

I believe that MasterCard at some point offered access to lounges for Indian WorldElite customers. Perhaps some of the confusion here might be from folks denied access with foreign cards?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.