Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Just got Bus gold but now targeted for 100K plat, go for it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Poster

My wife just got the bus gold card (75K with $2000 spend) 1 month ago but then got targeted for the bus plat with 100K with $5k spend.

How quick can she apply for the plat card after getting the gold? The offer expires 10/9. She travels little (I use all her points) so she probably will not create the $200 in expenses to offset part of the $450 annual fee. However, the 100K is well worth the $450, especially if we can combine with a transfer bonus.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Read the fine print on the Platinum target offer. Lots of them preclude the bonus if you have been carrying another card in the past 12 months.

ETA: The $200 offset isn't hard to redeem in a manner which can be spent on you rather than her if you want.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 8, 2012 at 9:09 am
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No rush, once AMEX starts targeting you with these offers, they will come every few months like clockwork.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by wrxmom
No rush, once AMEX starts targeting you with these offers, they will come every few months like clockwork.
They sometimes actually go to extremes, like 4 in 2 weeks in my case with the same 100K plat promotion.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Successfully pulled off the 1-2 punch with Bus Gold and Bus Plat. with all points now posted. Got the 75K bus gold and the 100K bus platinum bonuses in a 6 month time span. Was targeted for both with $5K in spend each.

Thanks AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.