Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Network "Gift Chain"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by onlybeef42
Has anybody received statement credits yet?
Nope. Still waiting. Also got an email from someone at Am Ex that I had escalated about not receive a gift email from 1 registered card, and made 10 qualifying purchase. Sounds like they are going to send me 10 random Am Ex gift cards. Thoughts?

Dear Cardmember,

We received your inquiry about not receiving Gift Chain gift notification email(s), and we investigated for you. We discovered that this particular email address was not registered for the Gift Chain campaign, which is why you did not receive notification emails for your transactions.

We reviewed your account, and in appreciation for being a loyal Cardmember, we are mailing you a Gift Card as a courtesy for each eligible transaction that you made during the timeframe of the campaign. Please allow 3-4 weeks for the delivery of the Gift Card(s).

Thank you again for being a Cardmember.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Care
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 am

Who did you contact to get that email response? Was it via Secure Message?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jgstecker
Who did you contact to get that email response? Was it via Secure Message?
No. I tried via SM with no luck, so I called them a couple times. I finally got someone who understood the problem, and escalated it to the department that handles it. It took about 10 days before I got the email that I posted above after it was escalated.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
No. I tried via SM with no luck, so I called them a couple times. I finally got someone who understood the problem, and escalated it to the department that handles it. It took about 10 days before I got the email that I posted above after it was escalated.
Strange they didn't tell you an amount. I guess it adds to the excitement. Let us know what you get.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:21 pm

Strange they didn't tell you an amount. I guess it adds to the excitement. Let us know what you get.
Yeah. I figured I'd just be in a random drawing. Maybe they have some $500 shareables that haven't been distributed yet!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:27 pm

Received 10 - $10 Am Ex Gift Cards today. I'm assuming these were from writing in and receiving the response above. My spreadsheet says I'm "missing" $70 in Gift Cards, but to be honest, maybe I'm off somewhere. Only missing $70 out of $2K is pretty good, and maybe I got them already. Not worth trying to track down that little.

Still no statement credits though. Maybe next month.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:22 am

I got a lot of statement credits posted today. I'm still "missing" about $100 of credits, but mostly have received them all. The biggest chunk of that $100 is from a Citi Am Ex, so I'm assuming it may take a couple extra days to get those credits.

Check your accounts to make sure you got yours also! Great promo Am Ex!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Same, received all but one of my AMEX-issued card's credits, remaining 3 lies with either my Citi or BOA Amex cards. However, I'm still missing 4 mail-ins...might just let that go.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
Same, received all but one of my AMEX-issued card's credits, remaining 3 lies with either my Citi or BOA Amex cards. However, I'm still missing 4 mail-ins...might just let that go.
Shoot a SM to Am Ex and ask. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:01 pm

I also received the credits on some cards but not the Citi cards. ^
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I also received the credits on some cards but not the Citi cards. ^
A bunch of statement credits appeared today on both my and my wife's cards.

Didn't realize non-Amex-issued cards were eligible for this promo...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Shoot a SM to Am Ex and ask. Doesn't hurt to ask.
The problem with that is, I don't even know which card is missing the mail-ins. I used the same email address for all of them, my mistake.

In the 20 mail-ins, I also intended to use my two Citi and BOA Amex cards since I only have two of those cards and those have my first name without a hyphen (which is what I put on the mail-in forms), whereas the Amex accounts have a hyphen. I had more than two Amex-issued cards registered but not yet used for promo, so if I stuck with Amex-issued cards, I'd have a hard time figuring out which cards they go.

When the mail-ins came in, some addressed me with a hyphen and some didn't. So some went to my Citi/BOA cards like I wanted, but the other almost half of them went to my Amex-issued cards I assume. And the remaining missing ones, I have no idea where to begin asking...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:44 pm

The problem with that is, I don't even know which card is missing the mail-ins. I used the same email address for all of them, my mistake.

In the 20 mail-ins, I also intended to use my two Citi and BOA Amex cards since I only have two of those cards and those have my first name without a hyphen (which is what I put on the mail-in forms), whereas the Amex accounts have a hyphen. I had more than two Amex-issued cards registered but not yet used for promo, so if I stuck with Amex-issued cards, I'd have a hard time figuring out which cards they go.

When the mail-ins came in, some addressed me with a hyphen and some didn't. So some went to my Citi/BOA cards like I wanted, but the other almost half of them went to my Amex-issued cards I assume. And the remaining missing ones, I have no idea where to begin asking...
Let them try and figure that out. At a minimum they may throw you a "goodwill" $25 statement credit. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
I received credit on citi card today.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:09 am

Did anyone win Membership Reward Points? Mine haven't posted yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.