Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel MR that don't require a 7 day wait period

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Hotel MR that don't require a 7 day wait period

I'm trying to look for a hotel reward transfer where I don't have to wait 7 days to receive a certificate, do any of those offers exist? What's the best way to book a hotel last minute using MR?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:30 am

If you have a very large amount of points you can always do Pay With Points.

These purchases basically work like cash so as long as you can reserve the room using normal flex rates, since it's last minute, you should be able to pay with points.

Just use the AmEx travel site and at the end you can choose to pay with your MR points + cash or all of it in either. It's not the best redemption rate, but it's instant.

None of the instant certificates are probably going to be useful. You could always also transfer points and then try to book a reward room, but even that could take 24 - 48 hours and you might not be able to get a reward room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.