Tax cap for MR points transfer?

Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Tax cap for MR points transfer?

There is a $99 limit for MR points transfer tax. I wonder it's per transfer or per airline. For example, if I convert 100K to CO and 100K to delta in a single transfer, will the tax be $60+$60 or simply $99?

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It tells you the specific amount before you confirm the transfer.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
It tells you the specific amount before you confirm the transfer.
Thanks for your input. Right. I have two separate MR accounts. I am just trying to figure out whether I should move some points to one account and save some taxes.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:37 pm

Per transfer and if you want to go above 999,999 to one US Airline they will make you pay twice. Remember non us airlines are exempt for now but amex seems to always want to grab a little more money so I expect they come up with some excuse in the future to charge for all transfers. The "tax" fee has quickly gone from zero to $99 with a couple stops on the way that seemed to last just a few months.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by financeprof
There is a $99 limit for MR points transfer tax. I wonder it's per transfer or per airline. For example, if I convert 100K to CO and 100K to delta in a single transfer, will the tax be $60+$60 or simply $99?

Thanks!
Got the answer in the hard way. It's $60+$60. So the $99 cap is per airline per transfer. Happy to get rid of 200K MR points and acquired 250K miles and a status. Thank you everyone, AMEX PRG and BGold!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.