Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Priority Pass without traveling

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Using Priority Pass without traveling

I have AMEX Platinum card and received the Priority Pass Select card. I am going for my interview at LAX today. Can I use the "Relax Lounge" at Thomas Bradley Terminal without having an airline ticket? Do I just show the Priority Select Pass ? Do i need to bring my AMEX Platinum card too?

Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:40 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by metoo
I have AMEX Platinum card and received the Priority Pass Select card. I am going for my interview at LAX today. Can I use the "Relax Lounge" at Thomas Bradley Terminal without having an airline ticket? Do I just show the Priority Select Pass ? Do i need to bring my AMEX Platinum card too?

Thanks
Is the lounge after TSA controls? If it is, you would have to get a "clearance" to go through. If it is before controls, you would only need your pp card.
[In the aa forum, people who have business to transact at the Admirals Club (which is generally after TSA controls), can get a "pass" with 24 hours notice.]
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

before passport control. i remember seeing the lounge
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You do not need your Platinum Card to use your Priority Pass membership. The lounge staff has no knowledge of, nor interest in, how you obtained your Priority Pass membership, or how you will be billed for the visit. They merely record your entry and if you were accompanied by any guests.

The admission policy (with or without ticket) is established by the lounge, not by Priority Pass.

http://www.relaxloungelax.com/

reLAX is open to all travelers regardless of airline or class of.service.. We also welcome the non-travelers. reLAX is a good place to.wait and relax.while you wait for your flight or love ones to arrive into the airport.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

isnt that lounge plat card not priority pass?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Priority Pass Select. It is in my PP booklet. The Platinum card for lounges are for AA, U.S ariways, Delta, Continental and U.A.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
You're not required to show a boarding pass when using Priority Pass. Sometimes the lounge will ask for it anyway but you can always say you don't have one or you haven't checked in yet and I've never had a problem.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Tried the lounge for about 20 minutes today. I gave the Priority Pass card, then signed a receipt and that is it. She did ask where I was traveling to and I told her I am here for an appointment.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mia
You do not need your Platinum Card to use your Priority Pass membership. The lounge staff has no knowledge of, nor interest in, how you obtained your Priority Pass membership, or how you will be billed for the visit. They merely record your entry and if you were accompanied by any guests.
That's right. Priority Pass, however, does look for irregular usage and has been known to cancel memberships; not of people like the OP, but limo drivers and airport employees, etc.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, mia. I wouldn't have known about this lounge without you and FT.

Now if only I could find a PP lounge landside at LHR ...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Does the Continental President Club lounge in IAH allow Priority Pass Select entrance without a ticket? I am flying into IAH from LAX and need to wait for my ride. I was thinking of waiting in the lounge if I can get access...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tchen811
Does the Continental President Club lounge in IAH allow Priority Pass Select entrance without a ticket? I am flying into IAH from LAX and need to wait for my ride. I was thinking of waiting in the lounge if I can get access...
All participating lounges are listed at www.prioritypass.com

The listings also note if a lounge will be losing Priority Pass Select access as of October 1.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by dw
All participating lounges are listed at www.prioritypass.com

The listings also note if a lounge will be losing Priority Pass Select access as of October 1.
This doesn't really answer my question of whether I need a boarding pass to gain access to the club in addition to the membership card...

Last edited by tchen811; Sep 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I am flying into IAH from LAX...
This doesn't really answer my question of whether I need a boarding pass.....
If you will be flying you will have a boarding pass.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Roger
Thanks, mia. I wouldn't have known about this lounge without you and FT.

Now if only I could find a PP lounge landside at LHR ...
There is the AC arrivals lounge in T3. Never been in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.