Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Called to cancel my card and recoup some of the annual fee - card anniversary is July. Customer retention offered 30,000 points (or $300) to keep it open and spend $4k in 3 months. Easy decision. The 30k points + 6 months of Uber credits far outweigh the $275 refund. Thanks Amex!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:40 pm

So what's happens tomorrow if I have both an MB and regular platinum card? Will I have 2 platinum cards or will Amex not allow that?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Jclarkperry
So what's happens tomorrow if I have both an MB and regular platinum card? Will I have 2 platinum cards or will Amex not allow that?
Sure you can have 2 or even more AmEx Platinum cards.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
does anyone know if you allow it transfer over to the regular plat, and later cancel the plat, and reapply, wld you get the sign up bonus, as you've never earned a sign up bonus for the regular plat card?

also i have a Saks transaction pending, and when i phoned CS tonight was told to get the credit, i wld have to wait for it to post. i was thinking it cld post after the card was cancelled, and they wld post the credit then...... just like payment date for the account not changing, and pending reward points? the rep implied i wouldn't get my bonus points either, and wld forfeit the spend 4K in 3 month 30K incentive that has already posted to my account.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:21 am

still not converted yet
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tonywush
still not converted yet
Mine has been converted.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Plat
I signed up for a vanilla plat before the switchover, but I didn't meet MSR until around the same time as the conversion, and the last transaction still hasn't posted yet.

Do I have any recourse if I don't get the signup bonus on the vanilla?

Last edited by khalaros; Jan 12, 2019 at 8:59 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:24 pm

What happen the MB travel credits? After the switchover, I didn't see the travel benefits. Anyone see the travel credits yet?

Last edited by pingpan; Jan 12, 2019 at 11:36 pm
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by pingpan
What happen the MB travel credits? After the switchover, I didn't see the travel benefits. Anyone see the travel credits yet?
I don't see it either. Comments from FM, Doc, Reddit all said the same thing.

I also don't see the referral link. I will wait for one more day to let the system to stabilize.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tonywush
I don't see it either. Comments from FM, Doc, Reddit all said the same thing.

I also don't see the referral link. I will wait for one more day to let the system to stabilize.
It just takes some time. It only shows 8 benefits vs 42 benefits of regular Plat card.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:08 pm

Merdes Benz AMEX Platinum conversion to Regular Platinum

My Mercedes Benz AMEX Plat converted to the Regular Platinum in the last couple of days. Upon logging into the account I do not see all of my benefits - Airline discount, Saks discount , Uber etc... I am hoping this is a system glitch while it catches up with the conversion. Has anyone else experienced the same?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nit407
My Mercedes Benz AMEX Plat converted to the Regular Platinum in the last couple of days. Upon logging into the account I do not see all of my benefits - Airline discount, Saks discount , Uber etc... I am hoping this is a system glitch while it catches up with the conversion. Has anyone else experienced the same?
Try reading the three posts directly preceding your own.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:21 pm

Did anybody get their prorated AF refund yet (for those who canceled before 1/20/2019).... ?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by christof
It took 4 days for the airline and Saks credits to post, which is a bit longer than usual.

How is the annual fee prorated: by the month? Based on the amount I was told I’d be refunded, I’m receiving only 25% back even though I have 30% of the year that I expected to be refunded (by exact card membership date).
Follow up: my annual fee was prorated to round up to the next whole month, which shorted me nearly a whole month (since my billing cycle is shortly before the product conversion). I called to ask for a courtesy credit: they recognized that I already had a Platinum Charge Card and gave me another $25 credit to make up for the whole proration I expected. Amex is awesome!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Did anybody get their prorated AF refund yet (for those who canceled before 1/20/2019).... ?
I have a pending FedEx Express letter from Amex that was sent out the same day my last statement posted, after I closed the card. It should arrive tomorrow and I am assuming it is the AF refund check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.