Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kethee
Is the GC transferable? It has my name and info on it, and I'm supposed to sign it.
Not sure - I have not seen the physical cert yet. Are there terms on the back / bottom of it that state if it is transferrable or not?

The web site does not mention about it being non transferrable.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:00 pm

I got my $1000 certificate for lease/purchase a MB. This was one of my motivation to get this card initially. After I read the small footprint, it says the certificate will be expired by the end of 2012. By aware i you lease or have plan to buy a MB before that time. For me it is useless, My current lease will be end in 2013. SO this $1000 is not help at all.

Last edited by mia; Oct 30, 2011 at 11:24 am
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Originally Posted by r.brown
Not sure - I have not seen the physical cert yet. Are there terms on the back / bottom of it that state if it is transferrable or not?

The web site does not mention about it being non transferrable.
I just redeemed mine and they didn't check the name or anything. I don't think it explicitly said not transferrable, but I don't remember for sure. The dealership had no idea how to ring it up, it took like 30 minutes. They said they'd never seen it before, lol
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by kethee
I just redeemed mine and they didn't check the name or anything. I don't think it explicitly said not transferrable, but I don't remember for sure. The dealership had no idea how to ring it up, it took like 30 minutes. They said they'd never seen it before, lol
I recall reading the 1k or $500 cert transferable to immediate family member
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:48 am

That would be great if that is the case. I thought the $1k cert was only good for the card holder - not sure though, have not received mine yet.

In the posts above we were talking about the $100 accessories certificate - that one appears to be transferrable to anyone (at least it does not say it is not transferrable).
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:59 am

8. Charge eligible purchases totaling $5,000 or more each calendar year on your Platinum Card® from American Express exclusively for Mercedes-Benz and receive a $1000 off certificate that the basic Cardmember may apply towards the purchase price or lease down payment of a new Mercedes-Benz vehicle at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership. This offer is not valid for the Mercedes-Benz SLS Roadster or SLS Coupe and may not be used towards the purchase price or lease down payment of a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The $5,000 purchase threshold resets to $0 each year on the anniversary of the date your Card account was opened. Eligible purchases are purchases of goods or services minus returns and credits, and do NOT include: fees, interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of cash equivalents. This certificate is valid for the Cardmember or the Cardmember's immediate family residing at the same address listed on the certificate ("eligible family member"). Except as stated in the preceding sentence, this offer may not be transferred. Limit one certificate per new vehicle purchase or lease. The basic Cardmember or eligible family member must present this certificate to an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer along with proof of identification. Cardmember or eligible family member must purchase or lease a new Mercedes-Benz vehicle by the expiration date on the certificate to receive the discount. Certificates expire within one (1) year from date of issue. This offer cannot be combined with the European Delivery Program, Fleet Programs or any other Mercedes-Benz Certificate or Rebate programs. It will typically take from 6-8 weeks after you reach $5,000 or more in eligible purchases each year to receive your certificate from Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. If the Cardmember or eligible family member is leasing or financing the new vehicle, they must apply and qualify for credit. Cardmember or eligible family member is responsible for any applicable taxes. This offer is not valid on previous purchases. This certificate has no cash value. Void where prohibited by law. See authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer for details.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:38 pm

So I sent a SM asking why when I try to upgrade to Tripit Pro it does not recognize the MB Platinum and tries to charge me $35. This is their reply...

Has anyone else been able to upgrade without issue? Granted I may prefer a $35 credit and skip Tripit Pro period. Not sure how the credit will post - will wait a few days and see.

----
Dear r.brown,

I got your concern and I had a talk with the Travel Department to know whether the up-gradation is supposed to be free of cost.

What they have informed is that for the up-gradation, there would be a fee charged.

But, please do not worry. For you, I have issued a credit for the amount of $35.00 on the account as a reimbursement of the charge. So, you can now go ahead and upgrade to Pro.

I hope you are happy with my immediate efforts to help you with this matter. If there is anything else that I can help you with, please let me know. It is always my pleasure to help you!

Sincerely,
S......
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services

Last edited by mia; Nov 3, 2011 at 7:49 am Reason: Remove American Express employee name
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by r.brown
...upgrade to Tripit Pro it does not recognize the MB Platinum
Did you install the American Express Travel application? The upgrade to TripIt Pro is really just a side effect of installing the Amex app.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by mia
Did you install the American Express Travel application? The upgrade to TripIt Pro is really just a side effect of installing the Amex app.
Yes

I installed the app, logged in as my Amex account, linked it to my TripIt account and then clicked on upgrade to Pro.

It sees me as an Amex card holder but not Platinum and tries to charge me $35 as a discount for being Amex member vs the normal $50.

On a side note, they posted a $35 credit to my account.

11/02/2011 Wed CR ADJ FOR BILLING INQUIR
0 Fees & Adjustments Fees & Adjustments -35.00
Reference Number: 320113060834000000

Category: Fees & Adjustments Print
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:29 pm

Location: Dirt USair, Gold Hilton, Gold Marriott, Platinum Hyatt
AMEX's fulfillment department is sure fast! I signed up yesterday afternoon for the Platinum card on the web and received card and pages of T&C's via UPS today. Right around 24 hours in total elapsed time.

That was sure a quick turnaround. Guess they really want me to start using the card
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
50000 MR points posted

Got my card in Oct, just got an email congratulating me about hitting $1000 spend, and 50000 MR points on the way. And when I logged into my account, 50000 MR points are already there.

I cancelled my regular Plat in Sep, and applied for this one in Oct.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by AmexCent
Got my card in Oct, just got an email congratulating me about hitting $1000 spend, and 50000 MR points on the way. And when I logged into my account, 50000 MR points are already there.

I too was very happy, as soon as the $1,000 spend went through, received an email and the 50K were in the account, no need to chase up etc, now waiting for the 5K spend to register for MBFS to issue the $1,000 discount coupon.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AmexCent

This seems to imply that although a previous Plat holder, still got the bonus...b/c it's a different card, I guess?

Can anyone confirm that this would work in reverse...ie I get the Mercedes version now and later cancel....would I be eligible for a sign up bonus on the standard Plat sometime in the future?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by newcastle
This seems to imply that although a previous Plat holder, still got the bonus...b/c it's a different card, I guess?

Can anyone confirm that this would work in reverse...ie I get the Mercedes version now and later cancel....would I be eligible for a sign up bonus on the standard Plat sometime in the future?

Thanks for your advice.
yes, as they are different cards, have always received the sign on bonuses for Merc plat, personal plat, business plat.....you will get the points
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
yes, as they are different cards, have always received the sign on bonuses for Merc plat, personal plat, business plat.....you will get the points
Nice! Can't wait till a 200k bonus for the reg plat comes out; I'm going to be all over that ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.