Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lbotez
...Maybe if I can apply it to a certified MB... anyone get anywhere with that?
$1000 Certificate
You can get a $1,000 certificate to apply towards the purchase price or lease downpayment of a new Mercedes-Benz (excluding Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz vehicles, the Mercedes-Benz SLS Roadster, the SLS Coupe, and the Sprinter) after charging $5,000 of eligible purchases to your Mercedes-Benz Card account during a reward year.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
This practice is extensively discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-usa-back.html

...your report seems to be the first that is not related to the specific offer which was originally discussed in that thread.
To be taken with a grain of salt until more data points emerge, since Travelz also did the 100k Plat offer in May and closed that card to get AF refunded after reaping all the benefits. I would wager that activity is the cause of Travelz's MR issue, not the MB Plat.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
wrt the spend requirement, how exactly is "your first 3 months of Card Membership" defined?

In other words, how can I figure out the deadline for my $3K in spending to post?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by huge
wrt the spend requirement, how exactly is "your first 3 months of Card Membership" defined?

In other words, how can I figure out the deadline for my $3K in spending to post?
in my experience, i've received the sign up bonus pretty quickly, and the cert within a couple of weeks of paying the account, you can always call them, and ask^
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by huge
For Amex, it's usually defined as the first 92 days after opening.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez
I got in on the Mercedes Benz Amex Card 75K bonus miles offer recently. I already had an American Express Business Platinum card; have had it for several years. So I read elsewhere that you could still get the bonus on a second Platinum card since it's considered different.

Well, I just met the spend and the points were applied immediately once I went over the $3K mark. Amazed. So yeah. It worked.

Now I got 75K miles to spend on another trip.

Not so sure about a Mercedes lease though. Maybe if I can apply it to a certified MB... anyone get anywhere with that?
I did the same and now all my points are frozen. I was told that the MB card spending was under review. Not a penny of MS in the 4k plus I put on it so not sure what caused me to get flagged. My personal platinum bonus had posted two months earlier but CS manager at membedrship rewards said that it was the MB card that was under review. Now I have 170k that I want to transfer to BA while the bonus is on that it appears I can't use. Told inquiry was opened Aug. 30 and that it would take 6 - 8 weeks
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
I did the same and now all my points are frozen. I was told that the MB card spending was under review. Not a penny of MS in the 4k plus I put on it so not sure what caused me to get flagged. My personal platinum bonus had posted two months earlier but CS manager at membedrship rewards said that it was the MB card that was under review. Now I have 170k that I want to transfer to BA while the bonus is on that it appears I can't use. Told inquiry was opened Aug. 30 and that it would take 6 - 8 weeks
Despite what the rep told you, it's likely the personal plat raised the red flag.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Too many to list
Would this be considered different Plat card from non-branded platinum card I already had 5 years ago?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Would this be considered different Plat card from non-branded platinum card I already had 5 years ago?
Sometimes, YMMV
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Yes, regular Plat, and merc Plat are different products, you can earn sign up bonus for both^
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:35 pm

Will 5x Airfare bonus apply to MB Plat Charge?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:36 am

Mercedes Benz Platinum Card Benefits Specific Questions

I'm thinking of leasing/buying a Mercedes Benz soon. I have a few questions about the Mercedes Benz benefits of this card and if anyone can answer it, thanks a lot.

So the benefits states:

Receive a $1,000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases on the Card good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.

5X Membership RewardsŪ points on select Mercedes-Benz purchases.

Up to 2,000 excess miles waived on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.

The $1,000 certificate - is there any way for it to be applied to the monthly payments? Does it expire? Can I get the card for a few years and accumulate several of these certificates to apply towards the lease/purchase of a new car?

What exactly is "Mercedes Benz purchases"?

Thanks a bunch.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
The $1,000 certificate
Scroll back to post 665 and read forward.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
I'm thinking of leasing/buying a Mercedes Benz soon. I have a few questions about the Mercedes Benz benefits of this card and if anyone can answer it, thanks a lot.

So the benefits states:

Receive a $1,000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases on the Card good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.

5X Membership RewardsŪ points on select Mercedes-Benz purchases.

Up to 2,000 excess miles waived on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.

The $1,000 certificate - is there any way for it to be applied to the monthly payments? Does it expire? Can I get the card for a few years and accumulate several of these certificates to apply towards the lease/purchase of a new car?

What exactly is "Mercedes Benz purchases"?

Thanks a bunch.
Look for a CPO, you'll save crazy $$

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 8, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
What was the outcome of this? I got personal Plat bonus a year ago and about to hit $3k on the MB card. Wondering if I should hold off... 50k isn't worth potentially losing 300+k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.