• Click: Envelope icon to access Secure Message Center
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by mia
  • Go to americanexpress.com
  • Login
  • Click: Contact us
  • Click: Envelope icon to access Secure Message Center
Oh ya, I knew that, I just didn't see Complaint option after selecting card account after accessing the email option. I'll look again.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by booyaa
...didn't see Complaint option ...
Nor do I, but this area has been redesigned to the point where not all of the options are visible on my screen and it might be there.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Not sure if this may be the case, but the member since date on your card may not be the one related to your credit file.

I have my correct date on my main card, but a secondary card in my name on the same account has a member since date different by 21 years.

I have had secondary cards with my original year and ones with whatever year I got the secondary card.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: CX*GO, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by reclusive46
My son had to call up and get his one changed, they don't seem to automatically count AUs anymore, use the only email thing and select complaint. Give them the original card number and the new card and they should be able to get it changed.
Any idea if Amex Canada has the same policy?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stingray300
Any idea if Amex Canada has the same policy?
From what it seemed like. Seemed to be a world wide policy.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I worked for Amex in the 90's and it meant something then.

We had the member since number and also the cardmembers accumulative spend.

So when a customer had a card for 10 years and 500 $ spend you knew their line they were a very valuable member was BS

We used to take that information into consideration along with the payment history, might not affect details on your credit file but it used to be important in house
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by adampenrith
I worked for Amex in the 90's and it meant something then.

We had the member since number and also the cardmembers accumulative spend.

So when a customer had a card for 10 years and 500 $ spend you knew their line they were a very valuable member was BS

We used to take that information into consideration along with the payment history, might not affect details on your credit file but it used to be important in house
They still do that in the UK, My nephew works at Amex. It shows Member since, How long they had that particular card for and total spend across all cards.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Gold
Member Since?

Ok so I have 4 different Amex cards, 3 personal & 1 business. I got my 1st one in 2006 (it was a 2nd card on my parents account). I then got my own last year and it says "Member since 2011". I recently got a different Amex and it says "Member Since 2006".

I don't really care, just curious as to what is driving the difference between the cards?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

sethmac86's question has been appended to the established thread.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: CX*GO, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sethmac86
Ok so I have 4 different Amex cards, 3 personal & 1 business. I got my 1st one in 2006 (it was a 2nd card on my parents account). I then got my own last year and it says "Member since 2011". I recently got a different Amex and it says "Member Since 2006".

I don't really care, just curious as to what is driving the difference between the cards?
Are some of these credit cards and the others charge cards?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Gold
Originally Posted by stingray300
Are some of these credit cards and the others charge cards?
Reading through this thread has answered most questions. All are credit cards with the exception of the business one.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by sethmac86
Reading through this thread has answered most questions. All are credit cards with the exception of the business one.
I bet if you got the 2011 ones replaced, it would show the original date.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by reclusive46
I bet if you got the 2011 ones replaced, it would show the original date.
They changed the rules about 2 years ago.
Now they show the "member since" differently, but in most cases will not actively change an existing card's date (unless you draw their attention to it, and then they are supposed to manually update the system to ensure your replacement card has a newer date on it).

Bottom line, nowadays it doesn't really do anything for you or your service - so there is just a superficial reason to try and back-date other (more recent) cards, as long as your CR shows the old year.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Background:
I added one AU to (credit) Card A in 6/2011 and card came with Member Since 2011, credit report backdated to my 2007 year. I added a different AU to (charge) Card B in 8/2011 and card came with Member Since 2011, credit report backdated to my 2007 year as well. I added both AUs to (credit) Card C in 1/2012 and card came with Member Since 2012, credit report both reflects 2012.

AUs did not have primary accounts before these.

A little update today:
I called the number on the back of Card C and asked the guy for card replacement unit and told him why. He then proactively looked into my AUs and said he can see their Member Since year is 2011 but I told him it says 2012 on the card. He then went ahead and processed two replacement cards with corrected year.

The Member Since year of 2011 sounds right for both as that was when they each first got an Amex card in their name, albeit only as AUs. I of course do not want to touch the first two AU accounts that show 2011 on card but 2007 on respective credit reports.

I shall see if these corrected cards will make their credit reports change to 2011 or 2007.

One of the AUs have since gotten her own primary (credit) card. In her online account, it does show "Welcome xxx, member since 2011." But despite that, her primary card still came with Member Since 2012 year and 2012 shown on credit report as well. Will get that fixed after seeing how the corrected AU cards turn out.

Hope this helps someone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.