Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR back-to-back booking questions.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: None yet
Back-to-back booking using two platinum cards under my name

I have two (primary) platinum cards under my name, one “regular” and one Morgan Stanly. I would like to break a two-night stay into two stays, and pay each stay with different platinum cards. My goal is to use $200 Amex Travel annual credit on both cards. Is it doable? I don’t expect to get two property credits, but I do prefer not switching rooms. Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
I have two (primary) platinum cards under my name, one “regular” and one Morgan Stanly. I would like to break a two-night stay into two stays, and pay each stay with different platinum cards. My goal is to use $200 Amex Travel annual credit on both cards. Is it doable? I don’t expect to get two property credits, but I do prefer not switching rooms. Thanks!
Yes, as long as you make two separate prepaid bookings on the two cards and each is at least $200 this should work. Generally hotels will let you stay in the same room in these situations, but mention it when you initially check in to avoid any surprises.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:53 pm

Planning on making two consecutive night bookings at the Bellagio under the same name using two different platinums (to use each's 200 FHR credit). Will I be able to receive the $100 F+B credit for each reservation so for both night? I assume I will have to check out and then check in as I must charge each night on the correct plat but any chance we can keep the same room and avoid switching rooms?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by ClownPrince
Planning on making two consecutive night bookings at the Bellagio under the same name using two different platinums (to use each's 200 FHR credit). Will I be able to receive the $100 F+B credit for each reservation so for both night? I assume I will have to check out and then check in as I must charge each night on the correct plat but any chance we can keep the same room and avoid switching rooms?
i don’t think you can get the credit twice as from amex T&C

“back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay”

Also you can use any amex card to check out . I have seen hotels really don’t care on this being the platinum card . once i used a visa to also pay the additional bill which was beyond the prepaid amount .
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
A bit off topic, but as this is my first time booking FH&R - my dad booked 2 rooms (2021 and 2022) back to back, but there's a chance he may not be able to make the trip. Will I have any issue checking in as the 2nd person in the room, if calling before to add me to the reservation. I know Amex has some specific rules for booking in the cardholders name, but wasn't sure if it was the same as every other free annual night in the US where a 2nd person can check in / check out with no issues if added to the reservation before. I also have a credit card that has both of our names on the same card (business card) if that helps.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:33 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by yoshapman
A bit off topic, but as this is my first time booking FH&R - my dad booked 2 rooms (2021 and 2022) back to back, but there's a chance he may not be able to make the trip. Will I have any issue checking in as the 2nd person in the room, if calling before to add me to the reservation. I know Amex has some specific rules for booking in the cardholders name, but wasn't sure if it was the same as every other free annual night in the US where a 2nd person can check in / check out with no issues if added to the reservation before. I also have a credit card that has both of our names on the same card (business card) if that helps.
It will probably vary by property but in a similar situation I have been able to check in but was not allowed to "unlock" the FHR benefits on the stay until the person whose name is on the booking arrived. If you have your own Amex Platinum that may possibly help.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:10 am

Looking for some opinions here.
Upcoming trip to AMS. There is a FHR property at over $600 a night I'm interested in. Between wife and I, we have 5 Plat cards.
What I'm really interested in is the $200 credit, not necessarily the extra $100 F&B credit each night. This is a smaller hotel, and they'd definitely know I'd have multiple bookings for my stay. I wouldn't have a problem if they denied the $100 credit for the additional nights. Just wondering if they'd keep the breakfast included, or is that part of the "benefits" that they might take away for back-to-back bookings?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:25 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by dszrew
Looking for some opinions here.
Upcoming trip to AMS. There is a FHR property at over $600 a night I'm interested in. Between wife and I, we have 5 Plat cards.
What I'm really interested in is the $200 credit, not necessarily the extra $100 F&B credit each night. This is a smaller hotel, and they'd definitely know I'd have multiple bookings for my stay. I wouldn't have a problem if they denied the $100 credit for the additional nights. Just wondering if they'd keep the breakfast included, or is that part of the "benefits" that they might take away for back-to-back bookings?
You get breakfast every day of your FHR stay no matter how long you stay so there would be no reason for them to deny you that benefit.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Back-to-Back FHR Stays: Two Property Credits?

If I book a one-night FHR stay on my Platinum card, and the night following is a second FHR stay on my wife's card at the same hotel, do we get a property ("experience") credit each night? These would be separate bookings of course...should the second night be in her name?

Thanks...
Old May 18, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Many properties require a minimum two night stay for benefits to apply.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:23 am

For Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR), only a one-night stay is required to get the credits. You should get the credit for each night if you alternate reservations each night between the two of you. PMFR was probably thinking of The Hotel Collection, which requires a two-night stay to get the credits.

I have heard people having their spouse check in separately on the second night and moving rooms out of an abundance of caution to make sure that the hotel doesn't try to withhold the credits, but I've also heard of people asking the hotel to let them stay in the same room and the hotel accommodated them and gave all the benefits without any problems. I've never heard anyone say that they kept the same room and the hotel withheld benefits for the second night, but it might depend upon the hotel. The fine print only says that if one person stays two consecutive nights that it will be treated as one reservation for purposes of the benefit, so having a second person for night two should entitle you to benefits for night two.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Has anyone try to book consecutive FHR 1 day stays with 2 different AMEX plat cards to see if you can get credits on both days? I have both AMEX business plat and Schwab Plat any info would be appreciated.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Also curious how the $200 annual Amex Plat hotel credit will work on back-to-back (prepaid) FHR stays. For a 4-night stay in March, can I book nights 1 and 2 now and claim the $200 credit this calendar year, and in January, book nights 3 and 4 and claim the $200 credit for next year?
Old May 30, 2022, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by wp_kid
Also curious how the $200 annual Amex Plat hotel credit will work on back-to-back (prepaid) FHR stays. For a 4-night stay in March, can I book nights 1 and 2 now and claim the $200 credit this calendar year, and in January, book nights 3 and 4 and claim the $200 credit for next year?
yes
even if the hotel doesn't give you the extra benefit because it's back to back, you can get the $200 credit if it crosses into the new year.
wp_kid likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:45 am

Curious how this works with family of 4 (2 kids).split into two rooms -- but for ONE night only. Both parents have Amex Plat. I would like to use each Amex Plat to book a single room for the same night. Basically 2 people staying in each room (adult+1 kid) Looking to get the $200 FHR annual credit plus the $100 experience credit for dinner, since dinner costs $100 a plate at this 5* hotel. Basically the only thing the same here is the billing address. Would we be denied the $100 credit trying to do independent booking like this? I was shocked when I read the T&C that imply separate bookings are prohibited. Also it looks like these terms and conditions are not consistent when read from different AMEX T&C pages. Really confused here on using a seemingly simple AMEX Plat benefit. Thanks!

T&C Link
Card Members staying in the same room or Card Members traveling in the same party within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay and are ineligible for additional FHR benefits ("Prohibited Action"). American Express and the Property reserve the right to modify or revoke FHR benefits at any time without notice if we or they determine, in our or their sole discretion, that you may have engaged in a Prohibited Action, or have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with your FHR benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.