Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR back-to-back booking questions.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:12 pm

My husband and I are both the platinum card holders and we want to stay in Las Vegas from 12/21 to 12/26.

Can we book a FHR hotel every other day alternately?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by terresawang
Can we book a FHR hotel every other day alternately?
Yes, but you will have to check in and out and possibly change rooms too, or are you looking to book one night at 5 different resorts?

Where you looking to stay?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by clubman
Yes, but you will have to check in and out and possibly change rooms too, or are you looking to book one night at 5 different resorts?

Where you looking to stay?
I think they want to have the spa credit everyday. I mean with a guaranteed 4 pm check out, you can do back to back to back and not be without a room, even if they don't let you combine the nights to one room.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
FHR - multiple food vouchers for multiple reservations?

Hi all,

Just made a couple of reservation at the Fairmont Quebec City for 2 nights. I am wondering if I'll get the US 100 food voucher twice since I made separate bookings? Or will they combine the 2 bookings and give me the benefits only once as it it supposed to be one voucher per stay?

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You made back-to-back reservations, two reservations for two consecutive nights in the same name at the same property?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Yes, that's what I did, but not on the same day. I booked a Saturday night a month ago and then made a second booking for the Friday before, just today
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:49 pm
mia

Moderator action

Thank you for the clarification. I have moved your question into an established thread on back-to-back stays. Reading the older posts may be helpful.

FHR USA terms are specific: Three room limit per Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Cannot say for certain that Canadian terms are identical, but would be confusing for properties if the rules varied by card nationality.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the clarification. I have moved your question into an established thread on back-to-back stays. Reading the older posts may be helpful.

FHR USA terms are specific: Three room limit per Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Cannot say for certain that Canadian terms are identical, but would be confusing for properties if the rules varied by card nationality.
Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:18 am
fMD

Hi everyone, I'd like to book rooms back to back with different accounts but would like to use a credit card from a third person that is not platinum for the stay. Is it possible to receive the FHR credits/benefits while doing this?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fMD
Hi everyone, I'd like to book rooms back to back with different accounts but would like to use a credit card from a third person that is not platinum for the stay. Is it possible to receive the FHR credits/benefits while doing this?

Thanks!
The Amex Terms and Conditions say that this is not allowed.

You may get away with it, as the front desk staff need to enforce it and insist on the correct card. I wouldn't rely on being able to use a third person's card for the stays.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:16 pm
fMD

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The Amex Terms and Conditions say that this is not allowed.

You may get away with it, as the front desk staff need to enforce it and insist on the correct card. I wouldn't rely on being able to use a third person's card for the stays.
So what would be the worst case scenario
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:53 pm
mia

Originally Posted by fMD
Will the owner of the credit card that you want to use be present?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC FHR T&C state that to get FHR benefits, the Platinum/Centurion cardmember must pay with some (any) AmEx card product IN HIS/HER OWN NAME. You can pay with some other card but it cannot be paid with someone else's AmEx card, Platinum/Centurion or not.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fMD
The worst case at the time of checkout is that the card will be refused and you'll have to pay with a valid Amex card in the name of the member who booked the room, as others have noted.

At some later point, if Amex detects that you're doing this, the worst they can do is revoke your card(s) to take away access to the program. Maybe they can hit you with legal stuff too to recoup their costs.

With modern computer systems, it is trivial to detect you not paying for a FHR stay that Amex has to cover benefits for. I don't know how Amex does this, but I know exactly how *I* would write this code, and run it every month to find potential abuses.

Don't expect to get away with this very many times before you're caught.

Let us know how it goes though!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:52 am
mia

This thread from 2008 reports that in practice some properties will accept MasterCard or VISA, but I don't think it explains what happens if they do not and you are unable to produce an American Express card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-use-card.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.