Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA Platinum cardholders reported $100, $200 and $500 versions of a peremptory retention offer:
You will receive up to $X00 in statement credits toward American Airlines and US Airways incidental fees charged to your Card from March 22, 2014 to December 31, 2014....These statement credits are in addition to the $200 Airline Fee Credit2 benefit already included in your Membership
Most US lounges, and some AA lounges, had also accepted Priority Pass. Priority Pass access ended on 3.22.2014. See post 649.

As a result of the recently announced merger between American Airlines and US Airways, we have been informed by both lounge partners that they’ve unfortunately chosen to no longer participate in the Priority Pass lounge access program effective March 22, 2014.
Print Wikipost

AA/US lounge access going away March 22, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Historically, lounge memberships have been covered under the incidentals (and has been marketed as such...
Correct, see this POST from 2010 confirming that day passes are eligible.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Correct, see this POST from 2010 confirming that day passes are eligible.
Interesting. I don't remember seeing that before. Perhaps I assumed it wasn't included, since at the time free lounge access included so many other airlines than it does now. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:37 am
mia

Originally Posted by eajusa
... don't remember ....
This benefit is confusing because of the mismatch between what American Express policy and practice. They reimburse some expenses which are explicitly excluded, and our discussions have focused on those exceptions rather than the "intended" use of the benefit which has always included day passes.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
any recent experience appreciated, when speaking with amex about the regular $200 credit, the rep mentioned a $500 credit for the AA issue, and suggested taking out a one year AA club or lounge membership? that is about the same dollar value, but i have no need for that that, and now near the end of the year, don't want to lose the $500 benefit, wondering if there's any cash back avenue or other recent experience suggestions?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Tim: Look at the "$200 airline fee reimbursement reports: AA only" thread. Buy gift cards which are as good as cash for AA flight purchases. 5 x $100 should work but 10 x $50 might be safer. You can use up to 8 cards per single ticket purchase. Cards have no fees and never expire. Good luck.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:18 pm

thks for the heads up
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
...rep mentioned a $500 credit for the AA issue, ...
Only a small number of posters mentioned receiving the $500 compensation rather than $100. You might call customer service again to "verify" that your account has an unused $500 credit.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Only a small number of posters mentioned receiving the $500 compensation rather than $100. You might call customer service again to "verify" that your account has an unused $500 credit.
yes, just called, $500 towards US airways or AA valid till end of the year, the rep referred to registering for the offer (that is him doing that at their end), and also explained i wld need to call them for it to be manually adjusted.

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Nov 23, 2014 at 12:33 pm
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Quick question - did all Centurions receive a $500 credit or did some receive only $200?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mrtt Plt, SPG Gld, HH Gld, Avis F
Originally Posted by Matthew555
I logged on to FT to check out how you guys were reporting the recent GC purchases with the Amex Plat statement credit and suddenly remembered that I had previously received the "no more admiral's club access" email.

I am guessing I was targeted as I received the $500 credit- email came on 12/4/13. DFW is my home base and I visit the AC lounges very frequently, plus I spend way more than I should on my Costco AMEX.

I am pretty thrilled with Centurion as it blows AC away... This is a total win/win me because I now get free top-shelf liquor, massages, good lounge food, and $700 in gift cards. (I'll test out the additional $500 credit on gift cards to see if they credit my statement)
And now I'm a sore loser sitting here a year later just realizing that forgot to redeem my $700 worth of credit!! I could have flown to Vegas free!

I called AMEX and they said "Sorry, it's gone forever!" Anyone have any good ideas about how I can try to get them to reconsider and at least throw me a little extra credit? This one hurts...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Matthew555
And now I'm a sore loser sitting here a year later just realizing that forgot to redeem my $700 worth of credit!! I could have flown to Vegas free!

I called AMEX and they said "Sorry, it's gone forever!" Anyone have any good ideas about how I can try to get them to reconsider and at least throw me a little extra credit? This one hurts...
AMEX gave u offer, u didn't use it in time and therefore lost it. I believe u are SOL sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.