Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Wait wait wait all.... it looks like the winning way is to call direct to the MR dept people. The number is 800-297-3276

It took many many many calls to get a rep to transfer to MR and they are the one's who can do it. Points instantly posted!

^^^^

btw it may work for the AMEX MR GOLD people who got last years deal as well on the 50k deal. worth a call (or 10) people! I got mine as well!

Yup,
Call MR directly because they are the only one that can do it.

FYI - If you try to get the PLAT and GOLD offer together is a pain in the butt.

PLAT OFFER is 100K (old/expired Targeted Offer)
GOLD OFFER is 75K (current Targeted Offer)

It shouldn't matter if you were targeted or not because it looks MR is willing to give out the offers. I told him that I had the offer but I don't have access to a FAX
Old May 6, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Wait wait wait all.... it looks like the winning way is to call direct to the MR dept people. The number is 800-297-3276
Is that different from calling the customer service line and selecting the option for MR?
Old May 6, 2011, 8:44 pm

Shot down here because promotion was already expired when I applied (early March). Oh well, in this game it seems I win most and lose a few. One more mark in the L column.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:18 pm

Cool Xtra 50K points

I called in twice using the # on the back of my card, navigated through the menu to get to MR, then "agent".

First call I told her that I had applied in Feb for the amazing offer of 50k points and that a friend had just informed me that around the same time there had been an offer of 100k, with the aforementioned 4 digit promotion code. Very politely she told me she would see what she could do about possibly crediting my account for the extra 50k points. She then put me on hold, coming back to tell me that my account had not been targeted for that promotion and there was nothing she could do.

I called back 15 minutes later and told the new agent the same thing, minus the code. She came back in 5 minutes and informed me that she had indeed credited my account. They posted almost instantly.

Very Cool. Thanks to those that have brought this to our attention.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, I've been unsuccessful. I called yesterday and the lady checked with her supervisor and then asked me to fax in a request saying I was targeted. Maybe she meant to fax in proof of the solicitation. I just sent a letter saying I was targeted; I have gotten no response yet.

I sent a secure message yesterday, got a response back saying I wasn't targeted so no points.

Today I called and got a different agent. The guy immediately knew what promotion I was calling about when I asked about 100,000 points. He said "yes we are crediting for that promotion, but you have to send in proof of solicitation." I asked if there was anything he could do if I didn't have that, and he said no. I asked why not, and he said "I don't know if you have heard of the twitter incident, but there have been so many cardmembers calling in that weren't targeted, that we can't give the points without proof of solicitation."

Does anyone have a screen shot or photocopy of the 100,000 point promo ad material? Maybe they would accept that as proof, even without a name and address on it. If so, could someone please PM it to me or post it? Thanks.

Last edited by jphripjah; May 7, 2011 at 8:27 am
Old May 7, 2011, 8:30 am

Talking +50K sweet!

Thanks everyone

Last edited by neroflash; May 9, 2011 at 6:33 am
Old May 7, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Haha this is funny. I called 3x. Each time without a code. First 2 reps gave me a big fat nyet after they put me on hold researched. Third time was a charm!
Old May 7, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: DL silver,AmEx MR, HH, IHG, Priority Club, JetBlue,
Thanks a lot for this thread! Just called MR and very kindly mentioned I'd been following a thread--actually read a few excerpts from posts. The Rep put me on hold and came back a few minutes later letting me know the 100K posted immediately.

Score!
Old May 7, 2011, 9:23 am

I tried again and this time she put me on hold to "research" it, but said no. I think what they must be doing when they "research" it is do a quick eval of your account and how badly they want to keep you (I probably spend a few hundred on the card every month, so not a huge customer).

I don't think they actually have any idea who was or was not targeted. But whatever...I really don't like the way they handled these bonuses. There's a whole thread of people here who signed up under various bonus offers from AMEX, and the points never came. Then when you contact customer service, their initial response is "bonus? What's a bonus?" IE--They screwed up, but the burden of proof is on you to correct their mistake, not the other way around. That's shady IMO, and it gives me little confidence that AMEX will honor their contracts. I haven't had that problem with Chase.

I figure if I cancel in June I'll still get 50% of my annual fee refunded, which is better than getting 22500 MR points!
Old May 7, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, the lady told me they don't know who was targeted and who wasn't, except if you didn't get the 100,000 points, then you weren't targeted.

I think the angle to use now might be the unfairness that dozens or hundreds of customers have apparently already received the point difference as a "courtesy" without proof of targeting, and it's unfair this would be extended to some but not to others. I'm going to continue with that theme via email/letter and I hope they will relent.
Old May 7, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Fourth time was the charm for me.

1) Tried via the submitting the inquiry through the website. Denied.
2) Spoke to [A...redacted] in MR, waited on hold for 15 minutes. Denied. Asked to speak to supervisor and was told it would be a 10+ minute wait.
3) Called again the next day and got [A...redacted] AGAIN, hung up.
4) Called a few minutes ago and [M...redacted] was incredibly helpful, had me wait on hold for about 10 minutes and got it done for me and I already have the extra 50,000 MR points in my account. If you reach [M...redacted], make sure to wish her a happy mother's day

Good luck to all!

Last edited by mia; May 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm Reason: Remove employee names
Old May 7, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
1 email and 5 phone calls this morning. Writing as I'm on hold. I want this but I'm done begging. Especially since my file's been noted with prior calls on this. Feels odd to call in...

I just said a colleague received 100k MR while I only got 50k MR and that, while I was a happy customer that's shifted almost all our spending (40k last year, and rising this year), it was disappointing to pay the annual fees and receive less such a different offer.

Anyway, they all stuck with the line that I wasn't targeted therefore (except one that flatly stated they don't match offers)... The last one mentioned that they can see the code attached to my offer but not if I was targeted. She also mentioned that a different marketing/customer acquisition department might be able to see that. So of course I asked.

10 minutes of holding. I sure hope this is a good thing... And she came back to say that very clearly that I didn't qualify for #3882 but she's looking for other promotions she can extend... Back on hold (at least she's trying which is more than the other reps). She indicates the reps have been told specifically that they CANNOT MATCH OFFER 3882. Back on hold while she tries to see what they can do. And supervisor said go ahead with the extra 50k! Their membership rewards system is down at the moment, by the way, so she couldn't access info about what had been awarded to my account.

Background: applied December 2010. It was my 3rd personal amex (3 business also) so Amex was very good to me last year. It also might not have helped that I previously bumped a Delta Business Platinum card offer up in January and that took quite a few calls though, in that case, I had a screen print of the targeted, better solicitation.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:19 pm

I was told to call back after I met my 1,000 min spend. Has anybody been told this? Talked to a guy named [redacted]

Last edited by mia; May 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm Reason: Remove employee's name
Old May 7, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Called some time back and was told I am eligible, but they are having system issues right now. The rep will inform her supervisor to credit the points and has noted this in my account. Lets hope it goes through!
Old May 7, 2011, 1:18 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just spoke to a lady on the phone, said their phones have been ringing off the hook with folks requesting this promo. Said I was not eligible, then placed me on hold. I asked that she review it with a supervisor.

End result, got denied. I will try to call back again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.