Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Old May 8, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by yoyo
Received one a couple of weeks ago at my address. Expires on 5/17/2012 for 100K.
What other cards do you have with AMEX? I am wondering how people get these targeted offers.
Old May 9, 2012, 1:32 am

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by bpo26c
Just starting in a new position that requires extensive travel and so I want to signup for the Amex platinum to use the lounges. Is the 25k the best offer available now? I have searched extensively, but figured some savvy FT might know of a better offer. Thank you!
There are some 50k referral offers out there.
Old May 9, 2012, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by rusty0412
What other cards do you have with AMEX? I am wondering how people get these targeted offers.
The targeted offer was for my wife who is only a AU on my AMEX blue cash.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, UA 1K, SPG Gold
I has targeted for a 75k bonus for PRG (no existing relationship with Amex). When I called about it, they said I also had a 100k bonus for Amex Plat for 3k spend in 3 months. I applied and was approved. Does anyone know how fast the cards arrive? They said I would get it in 2 calendar days.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by anotherTCKid
I has targeted for a 75k bonus for PRG (no existing relationship with Amex). When I called about it, they said I also had a 100k bonus for Amex Plat for 3k spend in 3 months. I applied and was approved. Does anyone know how fast the cards arrive? They said I would get it in 2 calendar days.
I have had my Amex card for a long long time (over 10 years). Never got targeted for anything. Wife never had one until she was targeted for a 50k last year (called in to get 75k) bonus for PRG. I am wondering if it is better to have no relationship with Amex to get targeted for good offers. What do others think?
Old May 10, 2012, 1:00 pm

I applied for the Plat via the public 50k link last year and got bumped to 100k. Shortly after applying -- this was my first Amex card -- I got targeted for the 75k PRG.

Since then I've been targeted for the 40k DL offer but nothing else from Amex.
Old May 11, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by crimson12
I applied for the Plat via the public 50k link last year and got bumped to 100k. Shortly after applying -- this was my first Amex card -- I got targeted for the 75k PRG.

Since then I've been targeted for the 40k DL offer but nothing else from Amex.
Quick question, If you have or have had personal plat bonus for sign up, are you eligible for any future first time bonus for the plat business?
The same with the gold?
How about if you have or have had business gold bonus and then want to apply for plat business bonus as a new customer?
Old May 11, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by opus2002
I have had my Amex card for a long long time (over 10 years). Never got targeted for anything. Wife never had one until she was targeted for a 50k last year (called in to get 75k) bonus for PRG. I am wondering if it is better to have no relationship with Amex to get targeted for good offers. What do others think?
My gf has a relatively short credit history and doesn't charge much to her card (non-Amex), but she received an Amex Platinum offer of 100k points. I'm still struggling to convince her to apply for it!
Old May 14, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum; MR Gold
Possible to call in to get bonus?

I have read that several people have mentioned calling in to get bumped to a higher offer, or found our that a higher offer was available when calling in. Is it possible to get the 100K (or even 50K) offer when phoning in to apply and request it? Or does there already need to be a record of it somehow? And since I think someone mentioned getting the offer with no Amex history, how would they track eligibility?
Old May 14, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Quick question, If you have or have had personal plat bonus for sign up, are you eligible for any future first time bonus for the plat business?
The same with the gold?
How about if you have or have had business gold bonus and then want to apply for plat business bonus as a new customer?
I believe the personal and business versions of a card are considered different, so you can get the bonus on both. Gold and plat are different so you can get the bonus on both. So you should be able to get 4 bonuses: Gold biz/pers and Plat biz/pers.

Originally Posted by bdben
I have read that several people have mentioned calling in to get bumped to a higher offer, or found our that a higher offer was available when calling in. Is it possible to get the 100K (or even 50K) offer when phoning in to apply and request it? Or does there already need to be a record of it somehow? And since I think someone mentioned getting the offer with no Amex history, how would they track eligibility?
I don't think this has worked for months. This was working through about last summer, and then Amex started clamping down; to get a bonus, even if you phone in, you'll need some proof that you were targeted for the particular offer.
Old May 15, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by crimson12
I believe the personal and business versions of a card are considered different, so you can get the bonus on both. Gold and plat are different so you can get the bonus on both. So you should be able to get 4 bonuses: Gold biz/pers and Plat biz/pers.
Thanks for answer, so far I have jumped on AMEX PLAT PERSONAL at 100K and GOLD business at 75K on 2/29, so looking out for the other two.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by bpo26c
Thank you! $500 in gift cards available after $1k spend + $200 airline credits times two years + airport lounge access...too good to pass up!
I don't see the $200 in airline credits for this card?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I don't see the $200 in airline credits for this card?
https://www295.americanexpress.com/c...ARDS/137/1/0/2
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:09 pm

100K membership rewards for 3K spent first 3 months

All,

Just got this offer in the mail. Curious what one could get for 100K rewards points???

Have had AA Awards card for years but have gotten very frustrated with them of late: Can't accrue miles towards million miles with CC, their planes are falling apart etc etc.

Bottom line: 450/year is steep. I travel 4-6 times a year. How flexible are their points for use?

thx!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
100K membership rewards for 3K spent first 3 months

At the very worst it's $1K worth of travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.