Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by alfagirl
Offer code 5748 is valid until Jan. 2012 with a $1K spend.

Good Luck!
Boom goes the dynamite.

Called. Said to apply that to my account. She types for a minute, then says it's done.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:08 pm

how do I connect 2 accounts / reward point accounts?

like my regular no fee amex blue and my platinum acct?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:32 pm

Mixed messages?

I'm curious as to what's happening with Amex. A few weeks ago, there were all of these stories about how Amex was cracking down on bonus codes, etc. But now people are saying they can get the 100k bonus all the way through Jan 2010. (5748 ostensibly expired in July, according to posts a few weeks ago). Just wondering why the mixed messages and if these points, many of which are still "noted" (as with my account) will ever actually post...
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by subx
how do I connect 2 accounts / reward point accounts?
like my regular no fee amex blue and my platinum acct?
This should have occurred automatically when the second card was opened, but if not contact American Express customer service and give them both Membership Rewards account numbers.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This should have occurred automatically when the second card was opened, but if not contact American Express customer service and give them both Membership Rewards account numbers.
Mia, are you suggesting this should be free? The guy told me it's $75 to connect my corporate green card to my personal plat.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: AMEX Member Rewards
Corp vs business card

Crimson,
The corporate card as opposed to the business card does not normally get membership rewards points. You can add them to a corporate card for a fee of 75$. Otherwise they don't normally get MR. Remember, the corporate card is a totally different animal from the business card.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
mine were deposited and ready for use before I hung up the phone
+1
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by jbsack
I got a new business platinum card 2 weeks ago and mentioned to the CSR the the bonus ID 5748. She put me on hold and after 2 minutes came back and said, "I have attached the bonus ID to your account and once the bonus ID date expires at the end of the month, the 100K miles will be deposited into your account" YEAH!!! .
Is 5748 for business only or does it work on personal platinum accounts?

Also, I got an Amex Gold Premier card already, will I still be able to appy for the Platinum and get potentially 100k points?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:47 am

mine were deposited and ready for use before I hung up the phone
!

I've been calling with regard to my card -- which I applied for around July 20 and for which I hit the $1000 spend about a week later -- and they keep telling me I need to wait 8 weeks to get the points. They aren't saying I'm not eligible for the 100k, just that they will manually add the points in a few weeks. I've called probably 1-2x a week for the past 3 weeks and always gotten the same answer.

How are these people getting the points deposited immediately!?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:52 am

I'm in a similar situation to many of the posters here:

1) I signed up for regular Platinum using a 50k link that I found on this thread. I got my card and when I called I was told that I actually had a 25k sign-on bonus. Hm.

2) I asked if 5748 was applicable and the CSR said yes, but I had to spend $1000 first and then call. He said he would make a note on my record that I was eligible, though. Then, 6-8 weeks after I make the call, those points will be credited to me. Or at least that's what I think he said - he was kind of a mumbler.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Originally Posted by tkassum
I'm in a similar situation to many of the posters here:

1) I signed up for regular Platinum using a 50k link that I found on this thread. I got my card and when I called I was told that I actually had a 25k sign-on bonus. Hm.

2) I asked if 5748 was applicable and the CSR said yes, but I had to spend $1000 first and then call. He said he would make a note on my record that I was eligible, though. Then, 6-8 weeks after I make the call, those points will be credited to me. Or at least that's what I think he said - he was kind of a mumbler.
That first part is strange. I always take a screengrab of these cc offers when I'm filling them out before I submit so I have a electronic paper trail to back myself up.

For (2) this is pretty standard and amex has been good about honoring these bonus offer switches noted on my account for both the plat and the rewards gold card, so I wouldn't be that worried about that part.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:40 pm

Angry have to fax offer?

Just tried to get the bonus ID applied to a card after meeting the $1000 spend in the first closed statement cycle. Was told that we have to fax the offer letter with this promotion to their office.... I haven't seen that kind of response posted in this thread yet. I'm hoping that we can get lucky with another call.

Also, I too applied with the 50,000 MR bonus link and have a screen shot. However, only received the 25,000 as others have posted above.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:09 pm
Used to be highman123

Same here - I applied via 50k link only 25k have been posting so far.

I tried attaching a bonus ID but CSR mentioned that 'because of all teh bonus IDs' he can not do this anymore and all requests need to be sent in to 'Corporate' via Secure Message. I'll try tomorrow again. He said they would also take care of evaluating my screen shot.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Originally Posted by waterandwoods
Thanks so much for this thread! here is another data point for you

First time American Express cardholder, applied for platinum card in early March with 50,000 MR bonus.

Called today and got a wonderful agent. I told him I had heard there was a targeted 100,000 MR offer around the time I applied and asked if he could check to see if I was eligible. I asked about offer 5748. He did some checking and at first thought I was eligible but then said the offer started on May 1 so I didn't qualify.

I then politely asked him to check 3882. After a few minutes he said I WAS eligible for that one as long as I had met the $1,000 spending requirement. He said the computer showed I met that (by paying my bill) in late June and that he was making a note in my account that I qualified for the 100,000 MR offer and that I should receive the points 6-8 weeks after the late June date. Not sure why my date is showing up so late, but as long as I get the points by mid-august I will be a very happy camper!

That call took place on July 5, I haven't received the bonus yet. I guess its time to start calling.

Edited to add: Called today, it took about 15 minutes of them "checking" on things, but the extra points were deposited in my account before I got of the phone! Really excited to finally get those points!

Last edited by waterandwoods; Aug 31, 2011 at 12:41 pm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:24 am

I've had AMEX Plat since '07, don't think I received any sort of MR bonus when I signed up. Has any long-time AMEX customer been able to finagle the MR points through calling, having them check your records to see you're a good customer and saying you'd appreciate the gesture? Thanks!

UPDATE:

I called MR, they conferred for a moment then credited me 100,000 on the spot. THANK YOU FT!
Congrats.^ I have AMEX Canada Plat and it really sucks compared to the US AMEX Plat. No MR points for long time user (over a decade) and the reply was, "America is a bigger market..." -- US really has great deals over CAD AMEX Plat. Hopefully they get their act together like the USA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.